mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Mainly a tinker around thing, that model of gun seems the be the ruger 10/22 of the airsoft pistol world, can nearly build one from the ground up with aftermarket parts if you wanted to. Then again I guess the main things I'm looking to upgrade would be a barrel, hopup and most likely a slide, the slide being the iffy part whether it fits or not, guess I'll do a little research and see what parts are compatable with what. My main concern isn't the brand but more the compatability between guns. Also this is a gas blowback pistol, no batteries for once lol.

And I was just about to ask and saw your last comment on which ones to stay away from.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

The which ones to stay away from is not personal experience though.. only 3rd hand from reviews on you tube or Arnies Airsoft and a few other places... and I completely ignore the comment/reviews on evike and airsoft gi as I don't think most of those people could tie their shoes without help.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
My loadout for the rare time I play airsoft consists of a shorty AK with no stock, 3 hi cap mags and a couple paintball ten round tubes which hold about a mag refill each. All on a belt in one little pouch. I can carry thousands of rounds and it weighs less than a couple hundred paintballs would.
I also have a co2 pistol that was given to me with a couple of mags. It gets over 100 shots on a 12 gram which I find amazing. I can carry just that and have no problem shooting guys all day while they play sloppy with too much gear on.
I'm going to make the attempt to get out with Schmitti sometime this year, although the local airsoft dates are usually when big paintball games are going on, like EMR games.
My Collection
feedback
GtrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrlvr View Post
i'm going to make the attempt to get out with schmitti sometime this year, although the local airsoft dates are usually when big paintball games are going on, like emr games.
ftw!!!!!!!

E
Old 01-30-2015, 02:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
I'll post some pictures another day but...

LBE is a Chicom cheast rig that I've had for about 7 years now. I've cycled through uber chest rigs and vests and I always end up using this damn 10.00$ chest rig. If i need to carry more gear I just add a pistol belt.

Camo varies between DPM, Flecktarn, Woodland and Tigers...it all depends on the day.

Guns...oh! well I've gone through so many AEG's I pretty much threw in the towel on them. They break, parts are usually out of spec with each other and the atermarket parts have issues along with many companies beginning to use proprietary parts. I believe so far I've been through 15 or so guns, most of them either sold, or banished to the spare parts bin. Currently I have an Echo1 Red Star which I have had for about 6 years and a Real Sword type 97.

My pride and joy is my Asahi Bushmaster and ANGS M16 Carbine, These things are mid to late 80's airsoft guns and they kick absolute ***. they are quirky as hell but once you get them working nothing can stop them.

I suppose they are just like autocockers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Did you create an account on here JUST to talk about your fascination with Britney Spears, or do you play paintball on the side as well?
Wabaanimkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabaanimkii View Post
My pride and joy is my Asahi Bushmaster and ANGS M16 Carbine, These things are mid to late 80's airsoft guns and they kick absolute ***. they are quirky as hell but once you get them working nothing can stop them.
YES!!!! Now that's what I'm talking about! Where did you get mags for those?!?!?! Or did they just come with a bunch. I would def. be interested in seeing the setups you have for them!

E
Old 01-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Asahi's are so cool!
Collector Airsoft

E
Old 01-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
I have four mags altogether that hold 65 rounds each. Not a whole lot of ammo but I carry a speedloader and usually 4-5 10 round tubes full of bb's with me.

I run my air setup in a small hydration backpack with a 20oz and a palmers LP stab in it. works great but I need a secondary regulator so I can get a more consistent ROF. I noticed some of my mags will spike my ROF because they are drilled for higher volume while the others struggle to keep 6-7 rps. I need to fix that soon.

BTW, damn these mags are expensive! I dont even care, I dont have a gearbox or batteries to worry about. Once I ran across a basin that had been filling with water and junk.. I was running for a small bank to take cover and give the opposing team one last stand. As I ran through this puddle my foot got sucked into some clay and I took a huge digger landing in this water of ever-increasing depth. I was totally soaked!

Instead of wussing out like most folks would do, I crawled through the mud and dirt and made it up to the embankment and fired away. I eliminated two players before they bombarded me and took me out.

I came away impressed as hell with my bushmaster. It was caked with mud and water and It worked like a champ all day. I cleaned it good though XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Did you create an account on here JUST to talk about your fascination with Britney Spears, or do you play paintball on the side as well?
Wabaanimkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Pulled a external barrel section and unscrewed the birdcage a couple turns and I've got a nice Commando version with the interior barrel still protected (barely).... and then I painted it... weeeeeeee.

Name:  photo(1)_resize.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  85.9 KB

E
Old 02-19-2015, 12:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
I run a plastic m4 (An ICS combat boy. The gearbox and barrel are solid, but the body's crap. May have to try to shimmy it into a metal body).

My soft gear is just a cheapo condor tactical vest with integrated m4 pouches, a pair of valken armored gloves, and if the field requires it, a neck protector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Special BB Squad (Airsoft)