mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Special BB Squad (Airsoft) (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/special-bb-squad-airsoft/)
-   -   Hop-Up Hell (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/special-bb-squad-airsoft/272885-hop-up-hell.html)

Schmitti 04-13-2015 09:21 PM

Hop-Up Hell

So I managed to tear my hop-up bucking.... don't ask. It was my fault, I wasn't thinking.

I ordered a mad-bull blue bucking as a replacement. F' me if I can't get the damn bucking in there correctly. It either protrudes into the loading tube or it is in there so tight that with the barrel seated correctly not only does it protrude but the portion with the lip gets deformed. and bb's won't load.

Any suggestions on how to properly seat a bucking. This one is so tight I basically have to silicone the heck out of it, use the tube that came with it to get the bucking into position and then insert the barrel. All the guides say put bucking on barrel and insert together, but that isn't happening.

Ready to chuck the whole thing (gun and all) into a pit and burn it as a sacrifice to Velcor.

E

Wabaanimkii 04-13-2015 09:35 PM

soak your hop-up pieces overnight in silicon oil. This will soften them up and make them easier to work with. It will also swell them so that might be counter-productive.

foughtwolf 04-15-2015 12:48 AM

Silicon your barrel, flip the bucking inside out and roll it onto the barrel slowly to avoid ripping it. Then oil it again and push it into the hop chamber with slight back and forth twisting motions. Also check to make sure the bucking itself isnt too long either as a lot of them are somewhat long and need some trimming to fit into a chamber properly although this is typically only a problem on two piece models that capture the barrel without a clip.

This is of course, assuming that you are putting the bucking on correctly? With the rib sitting inside the slot in the barrel and the nub in the top right?

Schmitti 04-15-2015 08:42 PM

Rib is in the slot. I may need to trim this bucking. I've oiled the snot out of this thing and it's a tight fit.. keeps a seal so well that when I had the hop-up cranked and a bb got stuck the vacuum from the cylinder backing the nozzle out pulled the bucking with it!

E

foughtwolf 04-15-2015 09:12 PM

Jeese, that may be way out of spec then. I've never had good luck with any of the Madbull rubbers myself, every Echo 1 gun Ive worked on with that orange bucking have always been torn along the front lip, even my brand new RDP.

If you can, try getting something like a SHS blue bucking, they are always very uniform in my findings. If you wanna try a flat hop sometime I highly suggest the Modify Baton Ryusoku flat hop setup. Ive got one in my RPK and its got just enough spread in its cone of fire at range to make an excellent support weapon.

Wabaanimkii 04-17-2015 12:56 AM

G&G green hops are great too at an even gooder price. If you've had no luck installing your current one I'd contact the retailer and tell them it didnt work and you'd like to send it back for a new one.

foughtwolf 04-17-2015 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabaanimkii (Post 3127071)
G&G green hops are great too at an even gooder price. If you've had no luck installing your current one I'd contact the retailer and tell them it didnt work and you'd like to send it back for a new one.

This is true. Their stock greenie ones make great flat hop patches as well. Ive got one in my RDP currently from my old CM.

Schmitti 04-17-2015 09:15 PM

The hardest part was actually finding some that were in stock. I have no local retailer... closest store is an hour away. I had to order what I got.

Pia.

I'm thinking of ordering this and be done with it... they have a 363mm version too:
King Arms Complete Metal Hopup + Inner Barrel Set for M4 M16 Series Airsoft AEG (280mm), Accessories & Parts, Internal Parts, Hop-Up, M4 / M16 Series Hop-Up - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore

E

Schmitti 04-20-2015 07:23 PM

Gun shoots.. after shortening the barrel (how I tore the bucking in the first place) now I get back spin HELL! at 60 feet... with the hop off. If I add a tiny bit of hop I get 2+ feet of rise at 60 feet and it just gets awful out a ways. Probably going to get that King Arms hop-up/barrel set but with the 363 mm barrel.

Damn my tinkering!!!!

:D

E

RatFink 04-20-2015 08:29 PM

Ha, I mean, I'm not laughing at you, but this reads just like an Airsoft forum. I always trip on how problematic airsoft guns seem to be.