mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-27-2015, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Got a "free" TM Mk23 Socom, dare I keep it?

Picked up a mystery box from the local classifieds and under a wealth of dirty paintball gear (sale thread coming soon, hehe) was an incorrectly assembled Tokyo Marui Mk23 Socom. Tore it down, cleaned and oiled it, shoots like a dream now. The raincover keeps it dry. Really, REALLY dry... My brief searching reveals it's a pretty decent pistol for what it's worth (not much, used), but of course I've only got the one mag and being a gas pistol, they're pricey.

Dare I keep it and venture down the rabbit hole? I love playing with my t8.1s, so I've got a vest/holster and mag pouches that fit... However, I also like money, and I doubt I need another hobby right now.

WWVD? (What would Velcor do?)
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Use it to plink cans or troll people if there is a local airsoft field to you. Those milsim airsofters are so much fun to mess with.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

Many moo s ago, I used to use airsoft pistols to shoot spiders on the ceiling of the house. My mom loved finding random splatters everywhere. In fact, she loved it so much she encouraged me to move into on campus housing. I'm sure you could use it as a fly swatter as well.

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

if you decide to sell, shoot me a pm good sir. They're great pistols, and I'd use it to mess with the local super milsim dudes. Pistol is super quiet, and darn accurate with .28 bb's. but those are my two cents on it.
BigBalla23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
I went to an airsoft event and met my first airsoft mil-simers. Same thing as mil-sim paintballers.

I think what you guys are referring to is the guys who think this is "serious business". those are more rare but I met them too.

I love playing with a bunch of clowns who act like jackasses. Our only strategy is literally "go get em'" or "sneak em". which involves acting like we have an infinite amount of lives (XD we do) and running at anything that looks like it needs to be shot. in the event the bad guys are dug in and well hidden we send in a sacrifice to draw the fire. after that we "go get em"

Back on topic. TM pistols are great. They are sensitive to too much green gas and over usage will wear them down quicker however the MK23 has a more solid build so you should be fine.

Magazines can still be acquired BUT you could attach a QD nipple to the fill valve and run the gun via low pressure constant air. this wont speed up your reloads any but you wont get any cooldown.

In the event you don't want it I'll wait in line. You got it for free so I'll pay double that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Did you create an account on here JUST to talk about your fascination with Britney Spears, or do you play paintball on the side as well?
Wabaanimkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pro Gun Liberal

Send a message via AIM to BlueFish

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I run a gas sig p226 as my airsoft rig. pistol only airsoft is like pistol only or limited paint pump for paintball
BlueFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Should you decide to keep it, and you have quite the rarity of airsoft goodness there, you can procure new magazines for it under a different name. There is a company making a NBB MK23 that is the Marui clone.

If you dont, sell it on an actual airsoft site, they get quite the pretty penny.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
Foughtwolf. Which company is it? TM still makes original mags (and the MK23 too)

Quote:
Did you create an account on here JUST to talk about your fascination with Britney Spears, or do you play paintball on the side as well?
Old 08-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Ive been looking, and Y&P mags are the ones I think he's referring to. Evike.com has them.

Thanks for the input, guys. The only field around here with CQB also runs airsoft - in fact, every time I ball there, we can never get on that course because the airsofters are hogging it. So I think Ill hold onto it for now, put it in the bottom of my gear bag and try it out next time I'm there.
My feedback: MCB / eBay

Last edited by freedummy; 08-28-2015 at 09:57 AM.
freedummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
Don't shoot too fast. Cool down kills airsoft gas pistols.
The more you shoot, the less you shoot.

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Special BB Squad (Airsoft)