mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-18-2015, 06:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Underdog? I got your back

GHK, WA, or?

I'm looking at GBB M4's I like the GHK 12gr co2 mags and I'm leaning toward a GHK key mod M4, but they claim the GHK mags also work in WA guns. I don't know anything about airsoft guns, so I'm looking for input. Anyone have a suggestion on a 12gr co2 powered M4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
i think the phantom needle is in my arm for good now..
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Who is GHK?

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Are you looking for an on-gun gas supply? I ask because Tippmann brought out a GBBR that uses a remote line and accepts standard cheap AEG magazines.

However, if you really want a on-gun gas rifle, I'd go WE M4. They offer co2 magazines and get an RA tech bolt carrier once the stock one wears out, longetivity of parts can be an issue with WE but properly upgraded with the carrier and, later on, a trigger group, its hard to beat, especially when factoring in magazine costs.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Who is GHK?

E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufnqpLLRgR0
This Is what I'm looking at with the 12gr. CO2 mags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
Are you looking for an on-gun gas supply? I ask because Tippmann brought out a GBBR that uses a remote line and accepts standard cheap AEG magazines.

However, if you really want a on-gun gas rifle, I'd go WE M4. They offer co2 magazines and get an RA tech bolt carrier once the stock one wears out, longetivity of parts can be an issue with WE but properly upgraded with the carrier and, later on, a trigger group, its hard to beat, especially when factoring in magazine costs.
Yes, I'm looking for an on gun gas rifle. I've seen the Tipmann, but wasn't impressed that they gas up with the insertion of the mag and release when dropped. Also, they hold like 80 BB's.
Thanks for the tip on the WE's, I never thought of them as reliable, but now I'll look into them some more.
Quote:
Feedback
Old 11-25-2015, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
12gram powered gas-in-mag guns usually have a host of issues. Seals go bad quick, sizing needs to be consistant, and they cant be gassed too long or they will leak.

GHK makes a much better rifle than WE. WE has been known for soft metal and unreliable magazines (you cant just go out and buy O-rings for airsoft mags either)

On the flip side WE is everywhere and upgrades are available. You CAN turn them into nice little monsters however at that point your building your own gun (except pins and small parts)

If your stuck on using a GIM system I'd take a look at KJW, or perhaps KWA. While I hate KWA's pistols their rifles seem quite nice, and are quite good at dealing with cooldown.

If you'd like to run remote go buy a Tippmann. Stock they outperform almost everything and the ability to use standard TM magazines makes your wallet feel better.

Running remote gets rid of the polished turd feeling you get after upping a GIM gun too.

I should also mention that most 12g Co2 Airsoft magazines fire the BB at higher velocities. This WILL be an issue when playing on sanctioned fields. Since the pressure levels from Green gas, HFC, or TOP and so much lower than that of Co2, Co2 guns will wear down quicker and will break.

This is only an issue in guns that were designed for use with green gas, than supplied with a Co2 magazine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Did you create an account on here JUST to talk about your fascination with Britney Spears, or do you play paintball on the side as well?

Last edited by Wabaanimkii; 11-25-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Wabaanimkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for all the input guys. I've decided on the WE M16A3. California passed a law that all airsoft guns sold after Jan 1 have to be bright orange in color, so that pushed me to move forward with my search. I was especially happy with the cost of the WE mags. Half what the GHK mags go for, so I think that's huge for me.
Quote:
Feedback
Old 11-29-2015, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
Thanks for all the input guys. I've decided on the WE M16A3. California passed a law that all airsoft guns sold after Jan 1 have to be bright orange in color, so that pushed me to move forward with my search. I was especially happy with the cost of the WE mags. Half what the GHK mags go for, so I think that's huge for me.
You'll be happy with it. Get a RAtech bolt carrier once the stock one wears out. Typically the bolt hold open notch wears out and it begins to fail. If you're not willing to spend that sort of cash at that time, you can grind down and make a new stop, but once or twice and the bolt will ride too far forward.

Additionally, for magazines, the pierce assembly isnt much different than what you're used to, before each day of play, pop some oil onto the tip before gassing them up. That'll keep the valves good and wet.

Oh, and grab yourself a valve tool soon as you can. They come in real handy when one develops a leak, either they backed out a bit or the orings got dry. If they leak simply pop them out and drop it into a little bowl of silicone oil for a night.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

gen2 WE mags are much better and give little problems....as far as RAtech goes, be carful I have had lots of GBBs in fact its all I run, I have had 2 WE's (scar and an AK)gutted and re done with RATech parts...they never worked again! not sure if its the tolerances? yes WE internals wear. But they are also very cheap to replace, having owned vipers and inko (they are the same viper is probably better) but are priced too high imop for what you are buying, KWA (KGW) also makes a very good brand or if you are looking for cheap AK SRC is great...the joy of WE is they keep churning out different guns.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldadoom View Post
gen2 WE mags are much better and give little problems....as far as RAtech goes, be carful I have had lots of GBBs in fact its all I run, I have had 2 WE's (scar and an AK)gutted and re done with RATech parts...they never worked again! not sure if its the tolerances? yes WE internals wear. But they are also very cheap to replace, having owned vipers and inko (they are the same viper is probably better) but are priced too high imop for what you are buying, KWA (KGW) also makes a very good brand or if you are looking for cheap AK SRC is great...the joy of WE is they keep churning out different guns.
Really? Ive had great luck with installing RAtech stuff on a number of WE guns. What were/are your problems with them, I might be able to help you out.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Update time. I ended up with the WE M16a3 that I linked to earlier. I got one gas mag and one co2 mag. I have to say the first mag, or two I ran through the thing didn't function very well The velocity was all over the place. It seemed to break in pretty quickly though and works ok now. Single shots seem to be consistent was far as velocity and accuracy seems good. Full auto is really more of a novelty. Neither the green gas, nor the CO2 mag will empty all 30 bb's in full auto. The gas runs out too quickly in full auto, even in slow small bursts. As is, I'm ready to hit up a local field and finally play some airsoft. Thanks for everyones input.
Quote:
Feedback

Last edited by RatFink; 01-09-2016 at 10:15 AM.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Special BB Squad (Airsoft)