mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-17-2016, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Mid caps..... Grrrrrrr

So I got a ten pack of Elite Forces mid caps for Christmas. Yay for me. I finally got around to buying a mag loader last month and tried to load up some mags. Now I've never ha mid caps. Waaaay back when I had a TM MP5K with low caps and I could load those by hand.

So I get the loader, start trying to load bb's and nothing's happy. It's a bitch to get the loader to push bb's so much so that it's jamming itself it turns out. Pull loader away from mag and depress button and bb's squirt into my hand from the loader (yay).

Ok maybe mid caps are like this.

Put mag in gun... Get one shot them just dry fires. Turn it upside down and get a couple shots. Rinse and repeat this with a couple mags that I "loaded". F Me!!!

Go back to garage and find little screw driver and literally am having to un jam bb's by pushing them back down into the bb trough in the mag. They were loading maybe four or five at a time staggered one way, then four or five at a time staggered another way. Basically totally f'd.

And because someone will ask I'm using Matrix 0.25 Match Grade bb's. And no I can't pull the mag apart to clean it. The spring cap is glued into the mag.

Help me Obiwan, you're my only hope.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
Speed loaders are an important part of gear. Cheap ones jam and cause headaches. Sounds like you may have overloaded this one. Try loading the speedloader halfway full, and when you load, tilt them at a slight angle to relieve pressure on the "ball stack".

Also, Mid caps need a break in time. Spray a small amount of silicon oil into them than work the springs up and down.

I have the old school tube loaders so that part is easier. I also have one of the Tokto Marui jumbo speed loaders whuch are amazing when I run my classics.

When you overload mid-caps they will tend to jam. The issue you have at the end I usually don't experience until my midcaps get like 5 years old. The best fix for this is smashing them on their side until they unjam themselves. as you can tell, it's not that great.

If you boil the magazine the glue will loosen enough to pull it apart. I would just tell the company you got a lemon. BTW, did you buy them from Evike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Did you create an account on here JUST to talk about your fascination with Britney Spears, or do you play paintball on the side as well?

Last edited by Wabaanimkii; 03-17-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Wabaanimkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

I tried the loader with only about 50 bb's in it this morning holding things on an angle before I wrote my OP. I have no problem sticking a thin dowel in there to depress te spring and clamping it there for a while. I can also flood the f'ers with oil I don't know if they came from evike ... I did find their Customer service sucks... And am trying not to buy stuff from them.

I will see what I can do with these frustrating bastards based on your suggestions.

E
Old 03-18-2016, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
I have a rule with evike. 20% failure rate on all bulk magazine purchases. So far it's held true. I ought to buy 10 boxes of midcaps and send two boxes of failures back.

I should also mention, Be careful putting too much oil in your magazines. It will get into your hop-up and barrel and cause all kinds of headaches if you don't clean it up nice and purdy.

Quote:
Did you create an account on here JUST to talk about your fascination with Britney Spears, or do you play paintball on the side as well?

Last edited by Wabaanimkii; 03-18-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Ok, Midcaps require two things, NEver ever spew oil into them, it collects dirt, and that greasy dirt ends up on the BB's then all in the bore and hop up rubber.

Use a standard thumb driven speed loader and fill them half way. Leave them to sit for a night. Fill them fully the next. LEt them sit for another day or so for the spring to relax and after that they should be fine.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

foughtwolf.... The problem is I can't get more than 30 bb's into a 140rd mag. And even with that few it's jam city. I'm seriously ready to line these up on the drive way and run my car over them.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
foughtwolf.... The problem is I can't get more than 30 bb's into a 140rd mag. And even with that few it's jam city. I'm seriously ready to line these up on the drive way and run my car over them.
Then start with 30 and let them sit. Thats how I started mine. 140 rounders are very finicky when brand new. I should have clarified that further.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

K... will see what I can do.

I'm tempted to just get flashmags and be done with this, but I forsee those having their own damn issues.

E
Old 03-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
I own 1 flashmag. The only issues it has Is the winding cable doesn't always fully retract automatically, so after fully winding the mag you have to feed it into the cable slot. And it doesn't feed the entire magazine after a full wind.

What it does do is fit my RS Type 97 (amazing!) AND the Tippmann. It also feeds better than anything else I own.

I should mention, I'm not 100% about it not feeding every round. I tend to pack my hicaps way too full.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2016, 10:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Fast mags are superb, but get the real ones, not the Matrix brand fakes. I have three I use for my RPK at OPs where its allowed for me to use hi-caps as a SAW gunner.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Special BB Squad (Airsoft)