mcarterbrown.com  

Suggestions Drop your ideas for site improvements, needed forums, changes, etc, into the paintballer's suggestion box.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Mad Russian
 
CrazyRuskii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA/DE/NJ Border

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
whats wrong with:

Welcome to MCB, good luck with your sale.
/thread
__________________
MCB Feedback +34/-0 | eBay Feedback +500/-0
CrazyRuskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->
 
ta2maki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunny Southern California

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
'pm me your lowest price' is a nice sign that tells you never to deal with this person. I think it should be left alone so that bad traders are more easily identified.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?
 
Phoenix01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Emporia, KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
whats wrong with:

Welcome to MCB, good luck with your sale.
Because it is not pertinent to the person saying "Pm me your lowest price."

Maybe an altered version of this phrase is needed such as.

Welcome to MCB, good luck with your dealings here.
__________________
My Feedback
Phoenix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Mad Russian
 
CrazyRuskii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA/DE/NJ Border

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix01 View Post
Because it is not pertinent to the person saying "Pm me your lowest price."

Maybe an altered version of this phrase is needed such as.

Welcome to MCB, good luck with your dealings here.
I like it!
__________________
MCB Feedback +34/-0 | eBay Feedback +500/-0
CrazyRuskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Go-Go BeardZilla!!
 
RifleMan WI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
'pm me your lowest price' is a nice sign that tells you never to deal with this person. I think it should be left alone so that bad traders are more easily identified.
I disagree that i would be considered a bad trader, just because i ask them to pm their lowest price. Most times, especially lately with the way the economy is, people will offer some wiggling room on their prices. Just the other day i picked up a Tanabe Strut Tower Bar for my WRX for $10 cheaper than he was originally asking. Most of the time i only ask if the thread states OBO, cuz i would feel like a d*ck to lowball someone. Ive been trading on AO,PBR,PBL,PBN,MCB and a few other Automotive forums for the last 6/7 years with 0 problems on my end, and just because i ask someone to PM me their lowest price should automatically make me a bad trader.
__________________
Still Shooting Mags....
Automags.org Feedback
RifleMan WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Yeah, that was me.
 
loocoaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Haboob capital of the western hemisphere, AZ.

CCM Fan
I feel it's the buyers job to offer a price if it differs from the posted one, trying to get the seller to offer a drop is lazy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkid View Post
Buy some popsicles. While your taking the fire S**T you can eat 1 and shove the other up your A**. Thats why they come in 2's. Just dont get them confused!
for SALE
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...arrel-ect.html
Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
loocoaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
big jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dodge City Kansas, kind of like the Old West

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifleMan WI View Post
Most of the time i only ask if the thread states OBO, cuz i would feel like a d*ck to lowball someone.
Go ahead and feel like a dick then. I did just accept an offer lower than I wanted, but it was an offer. OBO means make an offer. If you only think a gun is worth X and he won't accept less than Y, the worst he can do is say no.
__________________
Big Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Go-Go BeardZilla!!
 
RifleMan WI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wisconsin

I dont mean if i offer a little bit less, but ive had people offer $200 less than what i was asking for a gun at the time ( My 07 Cyborg ) you are right tho, the worst you can say is no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim View Post
Go ahead and feel like a dick then. I did just accept an offer lower than I wanted, but it was an offer. OBO means make an offer. If you only think a gun is worth X and he won't accept less than Y, the worst he can do is say no.
__________________
Still Shooting Mags....
Automags.org Feedback
RifleMan WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight
 
Listessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifleMan WI View Post
I disagree that i would be considered a bad trader, just because i ask them to pm their lowest price. Most times, especially lately with the way the economy is, people will offer some wiggling room on their prices. Just the other day i picked up a Tanabe Strut Tower Bar for my WRX for $10 cheaper than he was originally asking. Most of the time i only ask if the thread states OBO, cuz i would feel like a d*ck to lowball someone. Ive been trading on AO,PBR,PBL,PBN,MCB and a few other Automotive forums for the last 6/7 years with 0 problems on my end, and just because i ask someone to PM me their lowest price should automatically make me a bad trader.
Depends on who you are PMing.
Not just trying to send a lowball offer can be interpreted as really lazy, especially if it was just posted in the sale thread and not even just PMed. That tends to make some people irritated, and in return PM the asker a price much higher than the asking price.

It's not a bad trader thing- it's a point of irritation for many people.
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
A Little Grainy
 
Supergyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fargo, ND

A nice, solid price hike sends a clear message.
__________________
My friend was killed by a throwing star but I live because of D'Eagle - Thalion
The visible spectrum is Rainbows! - Pirate
We're gonna need a bigger hopper - splattttttt
Supergyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Site Related » Suggestions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC