mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #71 (permalink)
BACK TO WORK !!!

Brass and Wood Fan
well.... life happened .... i was injured at work some time ago , and was wayyyyy worse then they originally thought - and i was doing phys therapy to get back on my feet , but they hadnt done and mri - so every phys. therapy session - or more like every step i was taking - was tearing the damage more- once they did an MRI to see why i wasnt progressing well enuff they saw the torn tendons,and had me immediatly see a surgeon - when he opened me up he said wayyyy more damage then he thought originally- he was able to fix it but was just a few hairs from needing a replacement he said ..... recovery has been slow and very painful and stressfull on my marriage, a month ago - right after surgery - we were forced to move out of our home and into a condo - which added more stress, and now living out of boxes- dont know where anything is ..... the workers comp system sucks and pays less then i was making so money has been an issue so ive had to sell off possesions to keep above water.....its just been a nightmare.... this tuesday i start physical therapy round one after the surgery and we will see how good the repair he did was.....i was given no guarantee of the surgery sucess, so the future is a big grey patch - dont know whats ahead- and to be truthful and honest im a little freaked out by this all...... ive always been the rock- the strong " tuff guy" thats pushing everyone else to face and overcome thier fears and motivating everyone around me to tuffen up and keep going - but this has stopped me in my tracks and has stressed every part of my life- even shaken my confidence in myself and my abilities to recover - my wife has expressed that im no longer the tough as nails guy she married , and there has been alot of stress there , as im starting to see that shes getting sick of the whole situation - she gets annoyed at me easily - and whats not-so-funny is i understand it - taking care of a mobility challenged spouse isnt any fun , especially a broke one, that cant do much of anything for himself- let alone help around the house, ect....and to be quite frank i dont know how thats gonna play out either - i hope she stays with me and proves me right that i chose the right one to marry....this period of time since the injury has tested most every one of my limits- and the stress limits of those around me ....

* its just been tough guys - once i get thru the next few months i will try and finish the project but for now everythings on indefinate hold.... sorry

**** and my camera was broken in the move - so i couldnt update with pictures even if i was able to resume the project....and no cash for a new one right now

** i maintain 3rd shift hours so if i dont respond right away during the day - ya know why

my feedback :

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

https://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=488994

Last edited by randall ace; 04-02-2012 at 04:16 AM.
randall ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #72 (permalink)

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear how badly all that went for you. "In sickness and in health" sounds a lot easier to deal with than it often is in reality. You might want to look into some sort of counseling to help yourselves through this. The shoe could very easily be on the other foot, and a counselor may help her to realize that and see that it's unfair to expect you to still be the one that does it all in your time of need. One way or another, you have to believe you'll be able to get back to your old fightin' self again, and it's just patience for now to get through it. Paintball is so completely secondary to your marriage. I wish you both the best in finding the magic again.
BlueTrane2028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #73 (permalink)
BACK TO WORK !!!

Brass and Wood Fan
thanks

** i maintain 3rd shift hours so if i dont respond right away during the day - ya know why

my feedback :

Old 06-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #74 (permalink)
BACK TO WORK !!!

Brass and Wood Fan
ok..... back on my feet for the most part..... im unpacking boxes and finding stuff as i go ... once i get a shop area set up i will be back in action on this and several other builds i have on my mind

my feedback :

Old 06-15-2012, 03:33 AM   #75 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to o_nothing

Good to hear man

O NOtHING
Old 06-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #76 (permalink)
Terminus Est

wish you well with recovery and your home situation. wish you well on your project too. all the best
SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #77 (permalink)
Fire Avatar by Flounder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
randall ace, keep going with what you really have to do, and take up the project again when you can. You've got a great thread going here, and reading it I was profoundly struck to see life smack you right in the face at the top of the last page. There's deep meaning here that I can't quite place, and it ain't all good, but God bless you--I think we'll all get to see that nice rebuilt 98 soon.
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #78 (permalink)

Hold strong man!
Jurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #79 (permalink)
BACK TO WORK !!!

Brass and Wood Fan
ok dudes.... im almost set up to get back on the roll here ......the marker in this thread has undergone some changes and a definate direction change ( for definate second kinda cool) ..... will get yall an update soon ...

my feedback :

Old 09-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #80 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by randall ace View Post
ok dudes.... im almost set up to get back on the roll here ......the marker in this thread has undergone some changes and a definate direction change ( for definate second kinda cool) ..... will get yall an update soon ...

Hooray he's back!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann