Tpx first day.
So, as a preamble, I have owned 3 tiberius pistols, and a TPX before and never played with any of them. Bought them, traded for them, whatever... got rid of them.
Recently I picked up dual TPXs inspired by Netneker's most recent video. One of them is leaky, and as well as practising at home holding corners and snapping and reloading I decided one pistol is the way to go anyhow. Re-fitted my fullclip vest to hold 8 mags, threw a holster on a belt (holds another mag) went out with the TPX with a phenom barrel (courtesy of Bob T Guy) and a mag in my left hand.
First game I played center of a vilage, got up pretty far, and eliminated 3 of the 5 on the other team. Two gog shots, and I think I went through 2-3 mags. I had put two mags through it in my shop, that was it until I hit the field. Next two games I got 2 eliminations each game.
It was a ton of fun, and to be honest I think one pistol is far more managable than two. Outdoors, Canadian winter (still) got at least 3+ mages per twelvie, so no complaint.
1) NEED a good dump pouch. Lost (but retraced steps and found) several mags from my pockets.
2) Need to modify 12 gram plug, 4th game I got into it with the field owner (great player) it was just he and I, and for about 3 minutes I had no CO2, until I finally took the barrel off to get more torque on the plug, he heard the sound of metl as I dropped in the new twelvie and made a move, I managed to pop one at him (with no barrel) to convince him I was ready to rumble... but it was tense...
3) WOuld probably use a remote line in the future
4) do not eject mag to count balls left...
Overall a really good first experience. TOns of fun. No jams or chops...
Leave the mayo behind because its only gonna slow you down:p
Yea Ive played lots of games with dual pistols and came to the conclusion that two pistols is a lot of fun but im much better with shooting one and reloading with the other hand.
1. A dump pouch is a must on larger fields. I usually just drop my mags but I drop them at key points/structures. I bought a V-tac Horizontal Molle Tank pouch and it works very well to hold my TPX mags(like a dozen or so) or about 8 T8 mags. Its made for a tank so it wants to constrict but the top is sorta open. Havent lost a mag yet so Im sticking with it.
2. Yea I have a Bolt in my TPX front plug to help get that extra torque for 12g changing. I can actually eject a full 12g and sent the cart flying. This mod is a must if you play agressive with a TPX and 12g's IMHO. I cant cant the number of times I got drop out if a fast firefight and needed to change the cart but there was still enough pressure that without the screw id be screwed :ROTFL:
3. The remote line was another thing I picked up recently and do enjoy. It makes indoor a lot easier with the TPX as when I was changing 12grams before people loved to rush me. I can just drop a mag and dash forward inside now. Air is irrelevant. My 13in tank gives me plenty of shots.
4. :ROTFL: yes its not like a regular handgun. You cant just eject the magazine to re-count your shots. Once its ejected whether or not it was empty it should be considered so now as reloading the mag at that point is probably not the best idea.
1) right! but you'll need to own enough mags to make it worth the cost.
2) rarely had to face that, but a screw or anything that can act as a lever always comees in handy in these cases!
3) constant air, straight remote (not coiled ones) and small bottle that fit in a belt pouch: that's the must-have setup!
4) I guess that happens to every TPX (or tiberus, same problem) owner. Now you know. keep it in mind and if you really NEED to actually see your balls, unzip your pants, take a Dremel a drill a rail on the side of the receiver!
You can also remove the translucid plastic craps to have a better view (especially the one on top of the gun, allowing you to see the chamber)!
Oh damn, we've got a convert!
Mar, if you want some good, cheap ideas for mods, check out the TPX thread linked in my sig. I had a fairly effective solution for leverage on the CO2 plug that won't break the bank and works fairly well. I just wound up converting to constant air because as a scenario player, 12g's and a couple of mags just weren't up to the task of trying to stay on the field for more than 5 minutes before running out of ammo in a target rich environment.
I'm gonna pile on with everybody and say constant air is the way to go. I need to get a straight remote line myself.
Tuff products makes a excellent mag carrier, although its a bit pricey at ~45 bucks it holds 8 magazines. I'd highly recommend giving it a good look Tuff Products :: Magazine Pouches :: P.M.S In Line™ Magazine Pouch Series
And also agree on the Dump, get one bigger than you think you need and find a sturdy way to mount it. I tried a leg one and hated it.
When I play, I usually throw on a medium Maxpedition dump pouch on my belt. Easily fits dozens of tubes and the 12ies just go back on my wrist strap, but backwards.
Playing pistol is fun. Really need to get out more than once this year and get that ol' Squall rockin' again.
yeah man I loved it! Looking for a dump pouch. GOing to order my own barrel, and paint up my shells.
Looking at the Ninja straight whip.
MAG fed is the **** man! Slapping in those spare mags under pressure was awesome!
Pistol is great. I finally think I have my rig together with the above pouch on a NXe extraktion pod pack, a dump pouch, and a holster.
I haven't moved to constant air. I may try it in the future but not yet.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC