mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneDwarf View Post
But still there is no new alternate to TiPX.
FS 8.1 is in the same price range and is worse for me due to zeta mags and ergonomics.
Quote:
I am talking about one current marker.

Nowdays, TiPX is the only Tippmann product that has no good alternate on a market.
Well that's only because you have backed yourself into a corner here. You don't like the zeta mags and do like the ergonomics.

The ergonomics alone are going to change if you change the marker

Basically all you are saying is "nobody makes a tipx that is not a tipx"

This is the same case for every single marker out there though

Personally, I still don't like it. I think it probably is the best pistol currently made but tippmann still could have done better on it

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

I agree generally speaking, but at the same this is MCB. Logical gun decisions aren't really a thing here, otherwise everyone would shooting planet eclipse guns.

I would argue that the TipX is the best pistol on the market... Tiberius/First Strike pistols are a nightmare to take apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
I agree generally speaking, but at the same this is MCB. Logical gun decisions aren't really a thing here, otherwise everyone would shooting planet eclipse guns.

I would argue that the TipX is the best pistol on the market... Tiberius/First Strike pistols are a nightmare to take apart.
Lol on the first part, that's a good one

After working on both, I really don't think the tipx is much better, is it better? Yes, but you are still in the same ball park. You can't pressure test a tipx with the shell off so it makes trouble shooting a leak a nightmare as the whole thing needs to be assembled and you cant use stuff like soappy water on seals to find your problem.

The 9.1 just has a million damn parts for no reason and must be assembled very carefully or it won't work (if I remember right when you put it together the valve MUST be forward or the whole marker won't work when finished)

I mean ya, if someone is looking for a pistol I'd probably recommend the tipx, but I see it as the best of the ugly, misbehaving dogs. Just because it's the best choice doesn't make it some shining jewel

Old 01-09-2019, 10:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
Yeah dude, logical decisions are for Monday morning at work. Paintball is about shooting whatís fun, not what makes sense.
If I start making rational decisions regarding paintball Iíll have to stay home and get some work done around the house instead

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

back to a part of the original question:
I've seen more tipx packages going in the $100 range lately than at any time in the past.

and to track with the current convo:
I agree that the tipx isn't great and there's no other reason to buy a tippmann, but I love playing pistol just for the fun of it and I haven't found any pistol that works as well as consistently for me as a tipx. So that's what I shoot when I'm not rocking my first-run SL-68 II (back before we needed safeties).
bowcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
I mean ya, if someone is looking for a pistol I'd probably recommend the tipx, but I see it as the best of the ugly, misbehaving dogs. Just because it's the best choice doesn't make it some shining jewel
And this is exactly my point.
It is not the best marker, but it is the only Tippmann product that has no alternatives on market.
If PE or any other company will make any other pistol that can use zeta mags and outperfirms TiPX, I would buy it no doubt.
StoneDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Scenario Paintball Team

I've got a TPX that I need to send to Tippmann to get repaired again. I had a tippmann tech at the last game look at it and he replaced the regulator, and it is still not working correctly. Usually fires one shot and then nothing.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gunz View Post
I've got a TPX that I need to send to Tippmann to get repaired again. I had a tippmann tech at the last game look at it and he replaced the regulator, and it is still not working correctly. Usually fires one shot and then nothing.
I had the same issue.
Replace pin Orings.
Mine seemed to be OK but it works again after I changed them.
You will have to unscrew two screws on the valve, take out the pin, and replace two tiny orings inside the place where the pin seats.
StoneDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
It is not the best marker, but it is the only Tippmann product that has no alternatives on market.
There are plenty of alternatives, you just don't like any of them but that doesn't mean you should tell someone there are "no alternatives" to the tipx, it sounds like nobody else even makes another pistol. If we all did that I would be telling players looking for a upper end marker that there was no alternative to a vanguard Creed for the same reasons. I enjoy many of the features of it and I have not found a marker I like over it but that doesn't mean it's the only option either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gunz View Post
It's not the reg it's the firing valve assembly. It gets stuck forward. Contact tippmann, tell them you have a faulty firing valve.

Shop I worked at had a brand new one with the same problem, tippmann sent out the whole valve assembly rather than just the rings, unscrew old one, screw on New one. Fixed. The hard part was diagnosing that one

Last edited by Trbo323; 01-15-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

You guys have it all backwards with the T8/9 markers. Remembering to keep the bolt forward is hardly challenging. The Tippy A5 was far more tedious to reassemble.

It's the magazines... They can be a hassle to get up and running.
As example, my latest rebuild the valve assembly on my mag shot across the room. I'll need a new rebuild kit...

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann