Pneumatic assist cocker in the works.
So I traded a guy a while a go for a oracle cocker body and have been looking for a good project for it. I did not want another semi and I did not want to just throw a pump kit on it so I came up with something ... inbetween.
and into the physical world
update to day is I screwed up. I bought some PEG plastic to use as the handle nice and clear easy to machine good stuff kinda. first mistake was I drilled one of the holes too deep so thats no good but since I had the holes I wanted to make sure the other components would work. when I first put the main guide rod in it slid really nice but after "cycling" it i started noticing it was starting to stick. Now I have not used the PEG plastic before so I thought that maybe the grease I was using was causing a reaction I cleaned it out really good with some soap and water only to find that its not the grease but the ID of the guide rod hole was already starting to wear :eek: So back to the drawing board for the handle material. I might have to go for the old stand buy of delrin but I bought some acrylic to try also.
So it was a slow day at work and I was looking at my design and came up with something better :) less parts less bulk easier to machine. The original design sill had all the parts of a standard cocker a lpr a 3 way all as different parts but I realized their is no need to have a transfer tube going to a distinct 3 way I could just use the guide rod as the 3 way core and remove the need for 2 parts. Also with that out of the way I was able to put the return spring back into the upper tube so their will also be less threading.
I feel like I might be talking over some of the PBN crowds heads sometimes so I thought I would bring it over here.
Why not use the pump end as the 3 way shaft? I really liek where you're headed with this, the hoses look like they might be in the way though.
You should make cover that goes over the ram and pneumatic tubing, maybe them the ram could be hidden in the grip.
Ya I had that idea myself today also and have begun a redesign of the necessary parts while I wait for the new handle materials to come in. (sorry not kscipuider's ram idea Washington reign's 3 way idea)
as for the hoses ya I am slightly concerned about this also but I am not sure what I can so about it right now. I think for now I am just going to get it working and see if its an issue.
One other thing you may or may not have noticed is that the ram is on the right side I plan on putting an auto trigger on this thing to make it a real cheater kit.
Looks cool, what design software is that? Revit?
solidworks 13. that is not just a screen shot though its a render.
Really cool, the last time I saw a pneumatic-assist a/c the design didn't look nearly as clean as yours. Hoses everywhere lol. Nice work.
Can't wait to see pics once you're achieved success and finished the build :)
Keep up the good work!
Well I did some more rotary table work today. and took some parts to make a conceptual mock up to help see what its going to look like.
I the handle is close but needs some cleanup in the gcode to make it work better.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC