mcarterbrown.com  

Tribals Tribal fan? Then this is the forum for you!

Old 04-10-2017, 01:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

Chaos 2004 board

Zdlobik21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yes I actually was looking at that and thinking that needed to be adjusted. This is the first time I disassembled the marker to see what it's all about. That makes sense because the hammer or ram hits the valve opening it. Mine seems to be opening to damn soon releasing air before the bolt is fully foreword
Old 04-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

That's for the advice on this spec. I did google the rocket valve and did get it dialed in better. Gonna give it a try tofsy with a hopper and see how it does.

Anyone with a newer board for these markers let me know. I am interested in the 2k6 choas.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
tribal monger

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
It was originally jerrys brainchild , I bought it and sold it off eventually to whomever.
Could be orings the quality control wasnt good, sometimes to get a seal you had to put thread tape underneath oring to get to seal.
Could be bolt .....out of 10 especially flusters and flame twisters you will get 4 out of 10 that fit. Then it may only take delrin and not the SS bolts.
Some rams depending which one you have will need to have the buffer kit on the valve as well as ram.
I run mine 2k4 , 2k6 chaos boards, Morlock , Edwins eye assist and the warlord board, as well as fury chips in stock electronics.
Send me a message get your number I can call try to work it out that way.

Let me know whats up....Working on a Addicted now that is being a absolute bitch
TOG feedback
Ebay feedback
Gun collection 54 not 1 newer than 2004.....Don't buy into the hype, faster and newer isn't always better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
The tears of the Wally Lama render a mirror like finish to any bit of brass. When it's time to polish, Wally Lama thinks of all the neglected Sheridans out there and a tear falls from his eye onto his latest creation. Three children who were passing by witnessed this holy event once and we're all blinded by the brilliance of the brass. They all three heard Angels voices and accepted their calling as witnesses to the miracle of His divinity.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ancient Member

As basic as this sounds I'd start with the obvious....
~ Make sure the hole in the RV (rocket valve) is facing up & that the lock screw is in place and snug so the RV stay in place.
~ Make sure the HOLE in the bolt is facing down... yes, sounds simple but I've seen where even experienced players have put their bolt back in upside down.
~ Check your specs on the RV and make sure you have the proper "gap". *side note: I was one of the original test shooters during the development of the Cocker RV way back when Mike & Maddy Marr owned Maddman.
~ As Shifty noted, check your bolt for a good match....
~ Check the settings on your board, set something basic for the dwell, etc.

One (or more) of the above should make a difference. If I had to make a guess I'd say the hammer on the ram is striking the valve before the RV exhaust hole and the bolt hole are lined up.
~kaos~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ancient Member

If the exhaust port and the bolt hole align fine then I would focus my attention on the valve "gap" (see pic).
Compare it to the stock valve. The length of the valve stems should be close. If you need to shorten the stem length without effecting the RV gap flip the little white spring retainer over and dremel off the excess threads.

~kaos~ is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tribals