mcarterbrown.com  

Videos The posting, making, and producing of videos

Old 05-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Video editing software

I need one for a technophobe

Needs to be stupid easy. Free or cheep is good too.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nerd

Mac or PC? If mac, iMovie can do a lot and comes free with the system. The downside is that its a memory hog and makes these huge project files. Like, HUGE files.

Final Cut is a step up, but still pretty intuitive, and it doesn't have those stupid project files. It's also non-destructive, so it doesn't mess with the files you import, which is something to watch out for with iMovie. Always make copies and save a backup of the original when editing with iMovie.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback

Selling a PPS Pug? I might be buying. PM me.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
PC

And not a very good one. Lol
Old 05-23-2017, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

hate to burst your bubble but adobe is one best on market but cost a lot. not sure how the free ones or less expensive one are. but from people i know that do video editing they say adobe is best.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
I need this!

Video Pad Editor from NCH gave me good results back when I was playing around with video. They have a huge suite of programs that are pretty good but can get a little intrusive - they try to make you install them all. Ignore their prompts to go premium or whatever, you don't have to upgrade or pay them anything. When the "trial period" is over if you go to uninstall it gives you the option to stay with the free version which works pretty damn well anyway. If you give them a shot I'd recommend creating a new system restore point before you download and install, it's actually a pretty good idea any time you start trying out freeware. That way if you accidentally install everything or something goes haywire you can just roll your computer back.

Always looking for a Woodland Camo F1 Illustrator. Got an extra?
Rusty Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nerd

Yeah I can't give any PC related advice.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback

Selling a PPS Pug? I might be buying. PM me.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
hate to burst your bubble but adobe is one best on market but cost a lot. not sure how the free ones or less expensive one are. but from people i know that do video editing they say adobe is best.
It may be, but I have no time or inclination to make videos all that often and don't want to pay for a program I will use very sparingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Brass View Post
Video Pad Editor from NCH gave me good results back when I was playing around with video. They have a huge suite of programs that are pretty good but can get a little intrusive - they try to make you install them all. Ignore their prompts to go premium or whatever, you don't have to upgrade or pay them anything. When the "trial period" is over if you go to uninstall it gives you the option to stay with the free version which works pretty damn well anyway. If you give them a shot I'd recommend creating a new system restore point before you download and install, it's actually a pretty good idea any time you start trying out freeware. That way if you accidentally install everything or something goes haywire you can just roll your computer back.
I will take a look.

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Resident ATS Enthusiast

I'm using OpenShot on a 10+ year old laptop. It's pretty easy to work with and it's free.

OpenShot Video Editor | Free, Open, and Award-Winning Video Editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows!

It's what I'm using for my ATS videos: https://youtu.be/jDHOmdaKKlg

My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
- Local 18 IUEC -

I used to use GoPros software that comes with any new camera you buy but isn't very good. I've since moved onto Windows Movie Maker because it's free for PC. Allows you to do the basic but it has been good enough for anything I have used it for. And I've put out some pretty successful vids using it. I plan to get a drone soon which I will probably step up to Adobe for.
Snowking63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Premiere Elements for $70

It's the lite version of Adobe's software but still really full fledged and it's pretty easy to pick up. Has a ton of support behind it so if you can't figure something out it's pretty easy to find an answer or a tutorial.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Videos