mcarterbrown.com  

What Is It? Even after cleaning off the dust.... Still don't know what you have? Let the knowledgeable old-timers help you out

Old 12-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Vintage Marker Appraisal Thread

So the time capsule has been opened and out comes these next shooters. I know I have some great collector pieces here and am wondering if it’s worth the sale. Still undecided on some. I’d like to hear what some of you have to say.

I appreciate everyone’s two cents, and please do not hesitate to comment. But for everyone’s sake, please only appraise if you know what you’re looking at. This will be a huge knowledge check for many people, including myself.

Enjoy everyone!

And why not:

Pbnation Feedback: (+128/0/0)
https://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=231661
newgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
I would rather be fishing

Love the Blizzard, great looking marker.....
Junglepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Wow. Is that strange vision a spyder style marker? Do people pump markers like the sunrise one? Look forward to hearing about your collection.
In my opinion, the market for older markers is very strong right now, and if there is another recession, the prices will significantly drop. I would be in sell mode instead of hold mode.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Cockers I can help with, Imps not so much.

Karnivor should be between $750-1k. Lots of high end parts so I'd say $850 is a good starting price. They've dropped into the $650-700 range for good condition, bone stock, so you may see that more often.

Aim bodied pump, maybe $200-250. AIM bodies typically aren't highly sought after and people seem to avoid swing frames on pumps.

Cocker market is a bit depressed right now due to holidays, you will get much more during tax season. Market is also highly volatile, the deletion of a major facebook selling group (autococker enthusiasts) moments ago may cause prices to spike a bit.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
I would rather be fishing

I can give you a ballpark on a couple. The Strange looks a bit worn but still has some value. I would say 150ish on it AIM cocker looks nice and clean so probably 175-200 range. PM5 incomplete $50-60, PM7 if its in working condition around 120-140. More value in your other individually pictured markers but I will leave others to help. Mage is neat, never even heard of one but i am not a DM guy

Last edited by Junglepeanut; 12-03-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Junglepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
The silver lightning body is only going to fetch you about $30, maybe $40 if you’re lucky. Those were really only used to turn into pumps as the pneus and internals were pretty much garbage. New, complete superbolts still sell on eBay for around $70 I think and the lightning was the model below that. When they clearanced those all out a few years back, they were selling psychoballistics markers at 2 or 3 for $100 to get them gone.

I have had several and they make a decent pump, but not much else.

“Life is full of meetings and partings. That is the way of it.”

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglepeanut View Post
Love the Blizzard, great looking marker.....
Thank you my man. Wish I knew how limited it really was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
Wow. Is that strange vision a spyder style marker? Do people pump markers like the sunrise one? Look forward to hearing about your collection.
In my opinion, the market for older markers is very strong right now, and if there is another recession, the prices will significantly drop. I would be in sell mode instead of hold mode.
I’ll be honest, I’m very unfamiliar with spyder my good man. The blizzard impulse is one of a handful of blizzards out there, so you definitely do not want to be messing with a piece of history. I know, it’s just tough to part with collectors items, you know you won’t see them again. Made that mistake with my dragon g6r, ripper VIS, and CSL collections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyrne233 View Post
Cockers I can help with, Imps not so much.

Karnivor should be between $750-1k. Lots of high end parts so I'd say $850 is a good starting price. They've dropped into the $650-700 range for good condition, bone stock, so you may see that more often.

Aim bodied pump, maybe $200-250. AIM bodies typically aren't highly sought after and people seem to avoid swing frames on pumps.

Cocker market is a bit depressed right now due to holidays, you will get much more during tax season. Market is also highly volatile, the deletion of a major facebook selling group (autococker enthusiasts) moments ago may cause prices to spike a bit.
It is people like you that give me faith in making these posts. I very much appreciate that my good man. By the way, I noticed that. Any word on why that happened?

What a shame, I LOVE the pump stroke on it and the way it feels. May actually be the only one I keep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglepeanut View Post
I can give you a ballpark on a couple. The Strange looks a bit worn but still has some value. I would say 150ish on it AIM cocker looks nice and clean so probably 175-200 range. More value in your other individually pictured markers but I will leave others to help
I figured $150 would be right on the strange. I really gotta blow off the dust on that one. I’ll be honest, the AIM may be the only one I hold on to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
The silver lightning body is only going to fetch you about $30, maybe $40 if you’re lucky. Those were really only used to turn into pumps as the pneus and internals were pretty much garbage. New, complete superbolts still sell on eBay for around $70 I think and the lightning was the model below that. When they clearanced those all out a few years back, they were selling psychoballistics markers at 2 or 3 for $100 to get them gone.

I have had several and they make a decent pump, but not much else.
Yeah, I cannot remember my fascination with the bodies. But I can honestly say it’s been sitting for a while. I’ll rid of that one with ease.

Pbnation Feedback: (+128/0/0)
https://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=231661

Last edited by newgat; 12-03-2018 at 10:29 PM.
newgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgat View Post

It is people like you that give me faith in making these posts. I very much appreciate that my good man. By the way, I noticed that. Any word on why that happened?
Glad to help. In terms of that group, they allowed Marker sales. Markers are considered 'guns' by facebook, and therefore banned for Facebook B/S/T. People try to avoid the automated removal of their posts by blocking triggers/barrels in photos, but facebook eventually finds and closes all BST groups. They survive as long as they can, then everyone migrates to the next one. Usually happens in waves.

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » What Is It?