mcarterbrown.com  

WTB Want to Buy!! The object you desire may just be a post away. Just ask!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2018, 03:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Landisburg, PA

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
Hmm, might have to modify it to use a drywall screw, a .177 BB, and a spring from a ball point pen... You know, stuff I have in my junk drawer
If it were me, I'd offer it as a print service with a DIY construction. Otherwise you'll be spending a lot of time sanding, grinding and cutting. I'd also recommend sticking with a machine screw, spring and ball bearing to ensure the thing works as intended and stays in one piece. I feel like drywall screws will work themselves loose over time.
__________________
My Feedback Thread
JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
XEMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Califonia

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
I'm also down for 2 or 3 if this happens ...
Remind me of the splatmaster "rapid"
__________________
Love my SSR
Love my brass
... hard choice ...

My Feedback
XEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag
 
Rainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Huntsville, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
If it were me, I'd offer it as a print service with a DIY construction. Otherwise you'll be spending a lot of time sanding, grinding and cutting. I'd also recommend sticking with a machine screw, spring and ball bearing to ensure the thing works as intended and stays in one piece. I feel like drywall screws will work themselves loose over time.
Probably good advice.
__________________
Dangerous Power G3
PE Etek 3 AM
JT ER2 with 3D printed mods
Rainmaker's Feedback
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag
 
Rainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Huntsville, AL

That "cool rotating stick feed thing"

So I printed it out last night, and it came out pretty good!

__________________
Dangerous Power G3
PE Etek 3 AM
JT ER2 with 3D printed mods
Rainmaker's Feedback
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Landisburg, PA

Brass and Wood Fan
Not bad! A little wet sanding and maybe some finishing with a lighter and it'll be great. How long did it take to print and what settings did you use?
__________________
My Feedback Thread
JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
Dead men don't speak
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: CT

I would like to purchase one of this printed and will take care of the rest myself
dirtylittlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:22 AM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Landisburg, PA

Brass and Wood Fan
How well does it hold a 10-round tube?
__________________
My Feedback Thread
JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:08 AM   #28 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag
 
Rainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Huntsville, AL

I printed a bit slow (60mm/s) and it took ~4 hours. I could probably speed it up some and get it down to ~3 hours. Also it really could use some design changes to reduce the amount of support structure required. But I probably won't take the time to do that. Other print settings: 20% infill, supports on, 1mm shell.

I don't have any 10 rounders handy at the moment, I'll have to check that later.
__________________
Dangerous Power G3
PE Etek 3 AM
JT ER2 with 3D printed mods
Rainmaker's Feedback
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Landisburg, PA

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
I printed a bit slow (60mm/s) and it took ~4 hours. I could probably speed it up some and get it down to ~3 hours. Also it really could use some design changes to reduce the amount of support structure required. But I probably won't take the time to do that. Other print settings: 20% infill, supports on, 1mm shell.

I don't have any 10 rounders handy at the moment, I'll have to check that later.
Thanks! Does it feel solid enough to take a direct hit?
__________________
My Feedback Thread
JonM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag
 
Rainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Huntsville, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Thanks! Does it feel solid enough to take a direct hit?

Yeah definitely! It's pretty stout.
__________________
Dangerous Power G3
PE Etek 3 AM
JT ER2 with 3D printed mods
Rainmaker's Feedback
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » WTB

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC