No announcement yet.

Everything to do with Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just picked up a hand grinder and Iโ€™ve been loving it coupled with my pour over setup
    ๐Ÿ’€ Custodian & Poison Ivy Aficionado, Ragnastock ๐Ÿ’€

Comment

My pops and I used to roast coffee years ago. I really enjoyed Tanzanian pea berry, medium light roast brewed in a French press. Simple, non acidic and smooth with no need for cream or sugar.
      FEEDBACK Orracles (coming soon)

Comment

Baratza Virtuoso grinder and a percolator for me. Used to do french press, but the perc saves me some time in the morning. I've been considering diving into the espresso world, but it's a bit pricey for a quality setup that I'm not sure I'd really use all that often.

Does anyone have a recommendation for decent quality roasted whole beans available to purchase online (and also aren't >$20/lb)?
        Last edited by splat15k; 08-05-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• splat15k

splat15k

commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmm; seems there is no elegant way to reply to a comment, but thanks for the recommendation! Looks like they have a bunch of options that sound very tasty.

• BenoitOWN

BenoitOWN

commented
          Editing a comment
          Well if your up to discover countries I can supply you with roasted coffee. 8-12$ per 380-400grams depending on roast + Shipping. Whole or grounded by my virtuoso.

• JonM

JonM

commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem. Their "thanks for your purchase" email was rather interesting as well. A bit overkill, but memorable.

Originally posted by Knuckle Dragger View Post
        My pops and I used to roast coffee years ago. I really enjoyed Tanzanian pea berry, medium light roast brewed in a French press. Simple, non acidic and smooth with no need for cream or sugar.
        Got a source for the pea berry you'd recommend?
        B/S/T Listings: Custom Phantom Parts + Misc. Items - lots of regulators

Click here to edit your signature.

MCB Feedback

Comment

• Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger

commented
          Editing a comment
          My local Winco sells it in bulk, a nice medium light roast and not expensive to try out. Itโ€™s pretty good considering it comes from a grocery store and here itโ€™s 7 bucks a pound. Check your local roasters and small coffee shops. We used to have a broker for our raw products, now Iโ€™m clueless to what and where to get anything special.

I put a pinch of Cayenne pepper in my coffee this morning, just to try something new. Pretty good actually!

Comment

Working...
        X