View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
philosophia
MCB Baghead

Valken Redemption and Graffiti Paint (Lots of Pics)

Just a copy of my reviews on PBReview. Pics are at the end of each review.

Redemption
Quote:
Period of Product Use:
Less than a month

Paintball Experience:

More than 5 years
Similar Products Used:
Marballizer
Premium
Marker Setup:

5 Autocockers
+ .676 Lapco Bore Sizer
+ CP .689 Barrel
+ Older 68/4500
Recommended Barrels:
A barrel is a barrel is a barrel.
Something small just to underbore.

Strengths:
Very, VERY Round
Thick neon fill
Reasonably priced
Packed insanely well
Bright shell

Weaknesses:

A little hard, but still broke at 200 FPS

Review:

Now where do I begin?

First, the balls were some of the roundest I have seen in a long time. The only others I have seen this round was a case of those Bio-DXS Field things. I mean they looked almost perfectly round.
The fill was extremely thick, but it wasn't like glue or anything. It wouldn't drip on anything I shot, but I could still get it off with some water and a brush. The color: Neon Pink. I primarily play in the woods and I'm pretty sure nobody missed who I shot. And with a bright pink and black striped shell, I had no problem seeing where I was shooting either.
I bought a case of 2000 for $50 USD. A very good price for good paint if I do say so myself.
The packaging was the best I have seen. The box is made of plenty of cardboard and then each bag was inside of another four-sided cardboard spacer. The bag itself was made of what felt like reasonably strong plastic and looked like it was heat sealed, so no ties holding it shut. Inside each bag was what I think is a silicone packet. And it's not one of those packets you get in new shoes, the packets are much larger, it was slightly larger than my palm. No moisture whatsoever in the bag.

Conclusion:
That's about it I think. What I got was a very good case of paint on the cheap. i would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody who asks. It's a nine simply because I haven't gone and completely tested its size or drop test or anything like that.
Rating: 9 out of 10

My brother shooting:

Aftermath:

Graffiti

Quote:
Period of Product Use:
Less than a month

Paintball Experience:

More than 5 years
Similar Products Used:
DXS Field (New Biodegradable stuff)
Marker Setup:
5 Autocockers
+ .676 Lapco Bore Sizer
+ CP .689 Barrel
+ Older 68/4500
Recommended Barrels:
A barrel is a barrel is a barrel.
Something small just to underbore.

Strengths:
Fairly Round
Bright fill
Breaks very easily
Cheap

Weaknesses:

Fill is a little thin
Packaging (not really a con)
Bag was a little oily
Review:

PROS:

Fairly Round- It's fairly round and didn't have any dimples, but some were slightly oblong.
Bright Fill- It was a bright pink, but not as bright as Redemption. Still fairly easy to see though.
Breaks Easily- I haven't had paint like this in a long time. I had breaks at velocities lower than the chronograph would read (dang NelSpot with a weak spring). It never broke in the barrel unless I had a double feed, but even then it happened only occasionally.
Cheap- I got a case of 2000 for $40 USD, You can't really beat that unless you buy the finger breakers from Wal Mart.

CONS:

Thin Fill- I honestly expected more from some of the other Valken paint I used. The fill in this was kinda watery and dripped a little from whatever I shot. I've had worse, but I've certainly had better.
Packaging- Average. Just some heat sealed bags in a cardboard box with dividers.
Oily Bag- There was enough oil in the bag that you could tell it was there, but it's not like there were lakes or anything.

Conclusion:
Overall I think this is a good bang for the buck. It performed extremely well for the price point. The only thing really bringing it down is the fill.
Rating: 8 out of 10

Graffiti on top, Redemption on bottom

Graffiti on right, Redemption on left. Notice how far each spreads through the paper towel.

Last edited by philosophia; 04-09-2010 at 07:36 PM.
philosophia is offline   Reply With Quote