View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
spacecowboy

not insured, packed in a USPS readypost tube. at some point the tube got squished, the tape broke and the endcap popped off. talked to the lady at the Memphis USPS location that put the note in the packaging and sent it on empty. I explained that the missing item is a barrel for a paintball gun- approx 14" long tube, about an inch diameter and blackish color.... she said "a bell?" I had to spell out b-a-r-r-e-l for her. then she said "your missing two items?" i explained again what it was and she said "oh. so its a pink gun. that shouldn't be too hard to find"

OMG!!! then, after explaining what I'd experienced talking to the local post office, the customer service line and fedex, she told me that the USPS sends all of their priority mail through fedex and that a lot of it gets lost or damaged.... that fedex's sorting machines tear up USPS packing materials. she also told me that fedex does nothing to record USPS mail that passes through their hands, so if they lose it there's no record of where it's been.