View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Chappy
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
It should come with regulator already,
Good point, I don't plan on using it 'cause its pretty beat up and I've heard nothing good about them, but what operating pressure does it run stock? Anyone know, I haven't been able to find any info about the stock shutter reg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurferdude2 View Post
PMI pure energy one would be good. You can get them for $10-15 used.
That's along the lines of what I was thinking, so long as the output pressure is significant to operate the shutter. They top out around 500 or 600psi, correct? that should be sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
Expect to get the pressure around 500 psi with some simple mods. That's where mine runs at right now. I kind of live by the "Do it right or don't bother" motto, so naturally I went for a PPS Stab on mine. I took the venturi part out of my bolt, raised my FPS by about 20 fps. It just unscrewed with some force, I don't know what the bolt is like in yours. I also have a lightened valve spring to increase the amount of air released, but I have not yet modded the valve or valve stem.
In a perfect world, I'd throw on a stab, but since this a $10 gun outta somebody's garage it just isn't gonna have that much dumped into it. Looks like I have a bolt like yours, maybe I'll try to remove the venturi piece, that makes some sense.

Thanks for the responses, guys. Big help, really.

"I wanna be as big as a mountain.
I wanna fly as high as the sun.
I wanna know what the rent's like in heaven.
I wanna know
Where the river goes..."
STP

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote