View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
PistolRogue
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

DRV Project in the Works: The "Big Damn Hero"

Just a little something I've been working on lately, figured it was time to start a thread on it. It's far from complete but I've made some decent progress lately. Basically, my goal originally was to make the DRV into a Colt Dragoon type replica... But with the cost of brass and the complexity of making a whole new trigger frame from said brass, I changed direction toward the Colt Python (admittedly, and to my own shame I became a fan of this gun through COD Black Ops)... By freak accident/messing around I wound up going in more of a Firefly-esque direction in the design- that being an older pistol with modernized attachments, sort of a spacepunk type deal. Thus, I present to you, the early phases of the Big Damn Hero DRV :

Top Rail/Rib w/ Integrated Iron Sights (not fully mounted yet, needed to order screws and a 1/8" mill to finish the front sight):

And a preview of the future (LOTS to do before the grip is done, right now it's just one half leaning against the frame as I hold it, but it gives you an idea):

Update 3/17/12!!!

Ok UPDATE TIME!!!

Smoothed/Polished Hammer

Stock hammer for comparison:

Sight picture:

Finally got the mounting of the sights finished, front is pinned on, rear is bolted on using a 2-56 screw (tiny little freaking bugger). Also decided to swap out some of the stock hardware for brass screws, wanted to get an idea how it would look before I pulled the trigger completely so I'll probably be ordering the other screw types soon.

Swapped to the black grip from my newer DRV, probably going to stipple the sides and backstrap like I did on the previous two I owned:

Probably just going to run it like that for a while before putting any more money/work into it. Frankly, my wallet is in pain at the moment so I'm going to wait until I can sell off some gear, finish my tax return, and rebuild the slush fund before getting into building the wood grips. Might actually play with it this Sunday at Cousins' NJ's Dark Ops Extreme 9 if anyone local wants to stop by.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BigDamnHero1.jpg (250.6 KB, 1914 views)
File Type: jpg BigDamnHero2.jpg (241.0 KB, 1902 views)
File Type: jpg BigDamnHero3.jpg (242.9 KB, 1900 views)
File Type: jpg BigDamnHero4.jpg (211.5 KB, 3836 views)
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 03-17-2012 at 11:33 AM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote