View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #34 (permalink)
tmoneyblingbling
Seasoned Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldy13 View Post
Tmoney, the reg moving is normal, it can actually move quite a bit and still seal just fine, if it's really loose it might start to leak though. Pull it back out and inspect the o-ring on it, it's easy to cut the o-ring when sliding it past the cutouts for the bolts, same when installing the valve, use lots of lube and be gentle... The valve set screw doesn't need to be torqued much, I just do 1/8 of a turn after it's seated. The valve should never move no matter how high you turn up the pressure, if it does the set screw isn't even touching the valve and that is your problem. The body half bolts don't need to be that tight either, even if you leave that o-ring out it won't leak when sitting, but it will shoot out a blast of air when you fire the gun. If you can't tell excatly where a leak is coming from use a bit of soapy water and look for the bubbles.
Update: Leaks around the reg are fixed. Replacing the o-rings with the correct size helps! No wonder the guy had it in parts. Now, my only problem is cup seal on poppet won't seal. It came with 3 different stems and caps. I have the original copper cap with delrin insert, that was worse. The newest looking all delrin cap looks to be in the best condition but leaks like a siv. It's cleaned and Sleek lubed enough taht it should seal. SO -- that leads me back to questioning the reg pressure situation. Any tips for setting the reg to default with the full stack of springs? I need to put in a higher pressure gauge to get an accurate reading. Again, it seems to jump from 200 - 850+ within a 1/4 turn..That doesn't seem right to me.

Last edited by tmoneyblingbling; 03-17-2012 at 12:47 AM.
tmoneyblingbling is offline   Reply With Quote