View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
mrfranswa

I can't take it anymore! I NEED a zombie survival scenario game!!!

The title says it all,

I don't mean to give a sob story, but hopefully it will get a few pitty points from people on the site. I know a lot of you have probably gone through the exact same thing. Hopefully I can have someone help me out.

I use to play paintball every weekend. It was a fantastic hobby, great exercise, and stress relief, (sometimes I took it a bit far, but I was a kid). I was the guy in the ghillie with a custom marker helping kids learn how to play paintball. College came around, and I always set some money aside for it. I still continued to play. About half-way through I tried to get a job to fund my hobby. Slowly my finances got worse, and I was forced to give it up.

Years passed. I kept on thinking about playing, however due to financial hardship it was never a reality. When I mean poor, I mean homeless poor. Not being able to find a stable job for years is very disheartening, (especially during the recession. Woo boy was that brutal!)

Two years ago I literally took the last 10$ I had to my name, and started a business selling art on ebay. Slowly but surely I was able to make a name for myself. Now, me and my wife are saving to buy our first house in Colorado. We aren't rich by any stretch of the imagination, but we finally have a future to look forward to!

It's been countless sleepless nights, (tonight I'm pulling another all-night'er finishing a job). I spend about 60 hours a week working. I love my work, but the stress is starting to get to me. October is coming up soon, and the dream of playing a REAL zombie scenario paintball game is slowly dieing again.

(I actually made a really fun and safe way to play. It's a mix of flag football and lowFPS mag fed markers/pistols).

I need this. I can't go another year dreaming about spending Halloween surviving the zombie apocalypse. I am willing to fly to whichever state a bunch of guys are holding an event at, and playing. Heck, I'm willing to do all the work putting it together!

Can anyone here direct me to a group that holds zombie scenario paintball games? I'd forever be in your debts. I know it's probably too short notice to plan something from scratch, but if anyone has an event they are running that actually has a bunch of people part of it, I'd love to go.

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the sob story, but this is really important to me.
mrfranswa is offline   Reply With Quote