Thread: Pistols
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
Falcon16
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Pistols are great fun. My dad used to shoot competition rifles back in the 80's and I'm just myself getting into pistol shooting. Going to get my PAL with a restricted endorsement and then I'm looking at Ruger MK III in .22LR just for plinking around/club level competition shooting. Not to mention .22LR is one of the cheapest rounds ever for target shooting. I will agree though that if you have to ask about the basics you should probably take a firearms safety course first before investing. Another great way to gain experience with different pistols is guest shoots at local gun clubs. That's how I got into pistol shooting. $15 at the local club for a box of 50rds and a loaner .22 and then plink away. Did that a few times and then said well I want to get my permit so I can get my own. I will also admit club members are awesome in that they are more than willing to let guests try a mag through their guns to see if they like the fit/feel. That's how I get attracted the Ruger, a club member had one and I really like the look of the grip as it really looks like a sheridan he let me try it and it felt just like a sheridan pellet pistol I already own and love so I decided based on the feel of it and how it shot,good and straight with just a little barrel rise that that was the gun I was going to invest into. Not to mention the MK III brand new is like $300

Feedback +36/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.

Last edited by Falcon16; 11-16-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote