View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
sirraleigh

table top...

Flames of war, ww2 40K and that includes the price...not cheap but it has an amazing amount of options...you want to play gebrigsjager or a volkstrum or LRDG you will find it..but you will pay for it...alot of minis and alot of books to buy..

Also picked up Bolt Action, ww2 squad based skirmish...28mm, primarily infantry but has some AFV's Havent played yet but rules look good after reading them...love the minis They have a newly released starter box set and army sets available with more releasing soon.

I am also playing Iron Ivan Games Disposable Heroes/Coffin for seven brothers as a ww2 ruleset... GREAT set of rules and i can always use the minis from Bolt action (and other 28mm vendors)

You also might want to check out Dust tactics (and its wargame rules, Dust Warfare) Board game and tabletop minis...awesome stuff, WW2 with mechs.
Scratches that ww2 and sci fi itch. minis are high quality and fairly inexpensive. REALLY into this as of late.

40k...you already know about...can ALWAYS find someone to play here...while I have kind of sidelined it ATM I will always keep a space marine army around...the new ruleset is ok but to be honest, i have been into Dust lately so i havent given it much of a chance.
However as you already have an army....not a bad choice. Its as expensive as it has always been...

Kings of War/Warpath (mantic games) really impressed with this company, takes care of their player base...free rules, minis are high quality, ruleset is written by some old school 40k writers....inexpensive compared to 40k by a long shot.

Warmachine...had a small army, sold it off quick...didn't get into it.

MERCS small squad based infantry (5 models)....don't need alot of minis, or room for that matter, no vehicles though.

I hear good things about Malifaux and infinity also but haven't played them myself...

alot of great stuff out there right now..

Last edited by sirraleigh; 12-27-2012 at 07:11 AM. Reason: sp
sirraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote