Thread: Anime is fun =P
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #143 (permalink)
philosophia
MCB Baghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
I just finished Birdy the Mighty: Decode. I liked it more than I thought I would. Overall it wasn't bad. Next up on my list is Blood: C.

Can anyone recommend a good ( and recent )Gundam series that isn't terrible expensive?

I've seen...

Mobile Suit Gundam
Gundam Wing
Endless Waltz
The 8th MS Team
G Fighter
Savior

Anything other than those I probably haven't seen or don't remember. I've seen bits and pieces of other series but not really enough to get into.

Also, any news on the new Macross? Frontier I think?
I wasn't too much of a fan of Macross Frontier. Too much teenage drama in my opinion, and that's coming from a teenager.

If you want recent Gundam, find Gundam 00. I found it quite interesting and it's not all about giant robots and stuff. Has a lot of stuff about ideals and the perfect world and stuff like that.

I also like Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. Seed was the better of the two as well as being the original, but both are definitely worth watching. They also have stuff about ideals, but the tone is different or something.

I don't know, I find it's best to watch a few episodes and go from there.

Also, try Neon Genesis Evangelion if you're into giant robots in general. Fair warning though, it's one of the few anime series that has made me rage well after I finished it. It's kinda like taking your brain and giving it a dropkick.

EDIT: I have a three day weekend next week at school with nothing to do and I'm really tempted to do a marathon of sorts with Elfen Lied, NGE, and stuff like that. If I become crazy you know why.