View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Schmitti
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post

The holster is plastic, I believe it to be ABS. In regards to durability I've not broken or damaged mine yet though I did have some concerns initially. Holstering and drawing requires very little thought or effort. Retention is excellent. I have observed residue on the barrel shroud/upper receiver of my pistols. Scratching might occur if some grit were embedded although I haven't had that happen yet. If you want your pistol to remain beautiful forever this product may not be right for you.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying and I'm glad you brought it up from personal experience with this particular product. The same occurs with real steel and the plastic holsters. If the finish is a good finish (ano or or other coating) it should be fine and the holster will see more wear than your gun (unless you are drawing a lot... like 100s and 100's of times).. the real wear issues on both the gun and the holster will occur with the introduction of crud. Keep everything as clean as possible and you should be good to go for a long time.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote