View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #168 (permalink)
minimag03
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
so, in 20 years. National Paintball Supply(that is now Kee) had started. i'm close by Kee and it started in the back of a barber shop, to a store front, to a bigger store front to a million square feet warehouse and giant.

Dye started with clothes and barrels.

Bob was a player, who modded other people's guns.

Eclipse made there name just taking other people's guns, milling them up and putting crazy annos on them.

Zodiak was started from Chris Cole who made the FEP Quest, and now the ZR-1.

you have to start small in order to get big. i don't see anyone coming in with an idea and starting as big as the the top tier people right off the start.

so, you have to not be jaded when a company comes out with something new, pushing the industry, instead of being the same. kinda like Bruizer, or the tribals, or chinese cocker knock offs. you are talking to the man. i've known Josh(J4 paintball) through various forums and know that he doesn't lie, he doesn't exaggerate, and he knows more about paintball than most people. just because he doesn't hang out in the forums and talk about brass or wood or a pump; doesn't mean that he is blowing smoke up people's butts.

so, either help support, or get out of the thread. this gun might not be for you, but it doesn't mean that you are the market.
3 out of those 4 started when the industry was still relatively young, getting their foot in on the ground floor. FEP isn't around anymore, I'm that would have been different if they had sold more guns. And it's not exactly like Zodiac ZR-1s are flying off the shelves either. I'd love to see this gun and the J4 succeed. The new competition would be great for the industry, forcing other companies to up their game. It's just not as easy as it once was. Hopefully his knowledge of paintball will give him the edge he needs to succeed. He's already done a good job here, Im mean people are talking about J4.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote