View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #84 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
As i posted in FB, i have a whole batch of FS rounds (around 40 of em) and they all weight 2.5g~.
I'd check and/or calibrate your scale. jjron99 and I both used high end scales (he used a jewelers scale, I used a reloading scale), years apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
...First off, these measurements were taken some time ago (approaching three years now) I cannot vouche for whether or not there have been changes (intentional or accidental) to the rounds since...
...I switched the units to grains (for finer resolution) and I found the following:
1mo old box:
  • Avg Weight: 47.94grains 3.11grams
  • 95% +/- .7875grains .051grams

5mo old box:
  • Avg Weight: 48.03grains 3.11grams
  • 95% +/- 1.4321grains .09grams
Text in blue added for clearer relevance to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
I did a similar project in the spring of 2012.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...ps65812e6f.jpg

I weighed and measured each round the same way. I used a reloading caliper and a jewelry scale for measurements. One interesting note is the box of "blue" field paint averaged .6840 with 10 rounds measuring at .6830

Based on my average results, I came to a very similar conclusion, close enough to concur with UV Halo's findings.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote