View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Originally Posted by Kmak View Post
...In fact they will never be a 10bps >3 second round, due to mag limitations. Not including a box mag for fsrs, but fields will likely not allow a fsr filled box mag. In terms of consistent rapid fire, hoppers have fsrs beat. I am OK with this, oblong rounds should be used for long range shots and have a minimum engagement distance of 100 feet. My .02
I wouldn't count on field operators to prohibit FSR box mags, especially if they are the ones selling the rounds. They allowed higher ROFs via double finger triggers and, they almost universally have not been interested in limited paint games.

I'm okay with them being used at close range (the closer you get, the closer they compare to regular balls in terms of impact force/pain). However, I consider it very unwise to use them, given the decreasing advantage and even the limitation of not being able to match someone shot for shot. One should really try to remain at distance and take advantage of the rounds.
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote