View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #58 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Oh, it wasn't my own team bonus balling me... The boys in blue coming up the beach either saw my red sniper card on my lanyard or had orders to put the whoopin on snipers. I firmly believe it was option 2.

For the record, I'm not a sissy and I was wearing my big boy pants that day. I can usually take a hit or ten without issue. I have been playing since early 90's, I ref every weekend for the field I work at, ref at all of our DMS big games and have a decent idea what overshooting is all about.

I got shot out from a player down the beach, put my barrel bag on a tried to go to the dead box, got about 3 steps and got one to the back of the head. Tried a new route to the deadbox, wow, 2 more to the head. I looked down the beach and let them know I was out. I'm 6 foot 200 lbs ,wearing red hibiscus camo, yelling at the top of my lungs, I'm easy to spot...
As I turn to walk off, another 3 to the back of the dome... I turned to address the ref on the beach and took another headshot as I approached him.

The back of my head is still lumpy and painful, can't wear a mask right now so I'm not working this weekend or next.
While it's certainly possible they saw your sniper card (at least somewhat unlikely since you were wearing red hibiscus camo underneath it) was there any other way they knew you were a sniper- i.e. were you pre-deployed and waiting for the other team?

Whatever the case, It's for certain A**Hattery. I can think of at least 10 'reasons' some jerks would do something like this. And in this case, were they definitely FS shots?
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote