View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Spider!
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf2Live View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Though electro cockers remain to have a following and a presence in the market there has been a massive resurgence in mech cockers. To many there still seems to be a stigma associated with e-cockers.

More importantly though is that for the electro wielding crowd there are far more marker choices now, than in the mid-late 2000s, that are smaller, more efficient, and more reliable than the autococker platform for the same or less money.*

*my last statement contains purely objective opinions since efficiency and reliability are as much factors of tuning and maintenance as they are design

Pretty realistic I think. Not only does the price and complexity of e-cockers put them in the neighborhood of many other designs, it also looses a lot of the mech version's style and clacki-ness. You have to like an e-cocker for what it is already, and it's a hard sell as a new player marker.

I think the mech market suffers from being pinched in rate of fire between autotriggered pumps and re-tasked electros with unpowered hoppers.