View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #89 (permalink)
Beest

Palmers Fan
They had a couple of TCR's on the racks at the Tippmann tent at Global conquest at the weekend, no shooting, just lot's of fondling.

First impression was they are suprisingly heavy for a plastic shell, compared to a loaded TPX with Zetamag a bit heavier. Very solid feel.

The 12g drop out is very nice, adjustbale cam side drop out, there is a metal roller on the the cam too. You just pull out the rail on that side, maybe a bit fiddly, but since it's a rail easy enough to put on an extra something to grab hold of.

The stock is not screwed onto the back, but mounts inside, but is a completely seperate item, you waould have to open the clamshells to remove it, There were a lot of screws holding the body together!.
The sliding part of the stock was a bit loose and wobbly, they have recognised this and they are working on it.

If you look at the video, under where the stock attaches is a shelf about an inch long, this where the flip out remote adapter is. This is an obvious mod to a gas in stock, Tippmann even has 13ci HPA that they are selling for airsoft and 50cal, that would be very neat.

at the front of the body you can see a split, they told me this was to accomadate different body kits down the line, the 12g changer is mostly inside the is removable piece, so you can't just discard it.

Theres quite alot of extra meat, that I guess could be shaved off to make it more pistol like, there's a whole ventilated rail thing like on a Phenom, but you would have to replace the screws and maintain strucural integrity

No flip up sites on the two they had, but there was a hopper adapter on one.

AgentSmith took a picture of me holding it, maybe he'll post up when he's free.

The 12 shot mag was very long, twice as long as a TPX mag, the bottom exposed half is shaped like a grip and solid, no opening for dirt to get on your balls.
Seemed natural enough on the TCR, kind of unwieldy on a TPX, but he same as Zetamag I suppose (I haven't used them).

No sling mounts, but lots of holes and rails to attach too I suppose.

Last edited by Beest; 06-30-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote