View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 01:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Errr, let's see...

The rap4 tanks are not exactly anti-siphon in fact they don't use a pin valve, instead the knob on the far end is an on/off that's piped through the center.
They dont have a standard burst disk, the orings in the on/off perform this function more expensively. Because they don't have a burst disk showing many places won't fill them, that's why people piggyback them from, in my case, a 20ozer. I get about three fills that produce 50 or so shots from my zeus and then it drops off to 20 unless I top off the 20ozer. It is steel and built like a brick outhouse.

The spare air type gameface cylinders(crosman makes one too) are steel and weigh as much as the rap4 tank.

I like the catalina 3.5 the best on my pistol, even though I had to go with a higher scope ring it balances as well. It gives a ton of shots.
Oddly I found that with these tanks I actually ran out of air on the field once in a while. Whereas I can carry as many 12gs as I could possibly use, I could only carry a few of each of these, plus at $50 a pop for the Rap4 30g and $25 average on ebay for the 3.5 I only bought a few of each. I planned to keep buying more of whichever I liked best, but I have to admit 12grams are way better for my needs(pistols) than either of these so I stick with 12gs now and my tanks wait for the next project.

We play Pistol and we encourage the Few despite the discouragement of the Many.

agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote