View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 03:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Railgun
Post Whore

Velocity adjustments. An odd problem

I just finished coming in from playing with my new chrono. On my new WGP Sniper II I fired off a set and it read 160. That's fine, I cranked the IVG in about 3 turns. Now it was 380. OK, split the differnce... 370?!?! OK, back it off a bit more... 360. Geez, it's almost back where I started. OK, so split the difference again.... 360. Another 1/2 turn out.... 340. Almost there. 1/2 a turn out more... 160.... ??????????? The IVG needs to be virtually right out at the end of the body's rear opening or it's shooting hot

Setup on this is that it's using direct fed CO2 on a fairly new marker. So I'm guessing that the valve is actually set up for medium pressures and not the high CO2 pressure. I sort of expected some issues but this is crazy. Do I need a smaller diameter valve that is suited to CO2?

Now so far I've only chrono'ed blowbacks before but this seems rather odd to me. It's like with ANY pressure on the hammer spring it shoots up by a crazy amount and I have to back it off until the IVG doesn't put any pressure on it at all.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote