mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
You need more shims. When you stop the bolt; it should hiss, then reset. You want the point where is resets/doesn't reset to be where you won't chop paint less than a third into the feedstack.

If you slowly stick the swab down the breech while shooting multiple times, you should be able to see there that point is.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

When I stop the bolt it just hisses and won't reset. How many shims do I need? I tried 0, 1 and 2 shims.
denisizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #23 (permalink)

How do I know how the proper amount of shims to put in? It should bounce off 1/3 into the breach at the begining of it's cycle?
Old 09-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

It's hard for me to try and keep shooting while putting the swab into the breach because the trigger goes full auto almost right away.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #25 (permalink)

if it bounces off near the end of it's cycle do I add or a remove a shim?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
Marathoner

"If the bolt fails to reset after encountering a jam, add a shim." <- Keep adding shims until it resets.

And what do you mean by "because the trigger goes full auto almost right away."
Is it just the RT effect, or is the trigger not moving and the bolt just continuing to cycle?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #27 (permalink)

yea it is the rt effect, is there any way to stop it from going rt right away? so the bolt should only bounce off when something is 1/3 into the breach?
Old 09-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

From reading this post your trying to fix all your problems at once. Start with one problem at a time, if you can't fix the first step, don't attempt the second step. Finish all step in order....

(1) Going full auto: Remove a ULT shim 1 at a time until it stops. ( I have 5 of the 0.05 shims in mine)

(2) Bolt not resetting when hitting a squeegee: Move up to the next largest carrier, but use the same white o-ring. (In all 7 of my L10 mags I use the 1.5 carrier)

(3) L10 anti chop tuning: Start with 2 shims, hold a squeegee a 1/4" away and fire the marker. If it hits the squeegee and resets your done. If it takes time to reset remove 1 shim at a time until it does. (I use 2 in all of mine)

Note: make sure your reg piston/pack is well lubed and moves with a little resistance. Having a stuck piston/pack can cause an RTing affect, high velocities, as well as other problems.

Springs:
Short gold is most reliable and used to chrono above 300 FPS
Red gives you a better anti-chop capabilities above the gold, but chronoing above 275 is hit and miss
Long silver gives you the best anti-chop of the 3, but will not hit most fields chrono limit

Last edited by flyingpootang; 09-13-2010 at 11:43 AM.
flyingpootang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

I would highly advise you to install a regular RT on/off and work out your other issues first. The ULT can cause some problems that will make you think it's actually something else.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

I think I got most things figured out, I'll just go out and shoot the mag. I have no shims on it right now so if it breaks paint I'll add a shim and try it out again, still chopping and I'll add another shim. That way I can be certain it's set up properly. It sometimes has a small leak through the breach but most of the time it seals up nicely. Do I need to go down a carrier?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs