mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Time to go mowing!

I'm thinking about breaking mine out next month for an event.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
UPDATE

Played with the thumbscrew a bit today and found its sweetspot. Even better again I marked the little bastard too. Tried a different ASA and hose setup, made no difference. Seems like finding that sweetspot and removing the lvl10 shims made all the difference.

So I got rid of all that stainless junk on the rtpro. I wasn't liking either the look or the extra weight. I installed a CP twistlock feedneck since I was having trouble stuffing an unsanded halo in the stock one. I had to make a quick trip to the shop this morning to bore out the feedneck collet since it was also too small for the halo. It was either that or pay $5 for a halo collet + $25 shipping.

I picked up an evil pipe front at castle and turned it from a 14" tip to an ~8" Short and sassy now for working in tight spaces. The assembled barrel is shorter than the 14" tip alone.

Now I need to make an adapter to turn an RT 1 piece bike grip into a 15 degree bikegrip that I can mount to the rail. Much fun.

Why is there a pocket milled into the bottom of an intelliframe between the ASA screws ?

On another note, I discovered today that I have been installing level 7 bolts all wrong all these years!! I took apart the classic RT to clean the bolt after chopping some paint. I thought that was strange with a level 10. DOH haven't put that in there yet. I found a powertube oring inside the bolt....... So I unscrew the PT tip and find a #10 buna oring in there. Somebody must know somethign I don't lol.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Bike grips - ugly, but so comfortable. They are great on my alley cats too; they soak up the vibration.

The pocket at the bottom of the frame was for wires to your warp feed from your intelli-switch, of course. I think it's big enough for pneu tubing as is, but it's been a while since I really looked.

At least they didn't install a level 10 for you. I got one that was full of paint in the bolt area. The level 10 in it was all scrambled up.

You do have a new style power feed plug in the classic RT? They are helpful.

I saw a RT go for $80.25 shipped on the 'bay today. I would have bid it up a little more if I had been home. Euro high rise body too. I only hope someone here or AO got it. I would have thrown some more money at it, but I would have just re-sold it. I wouldn't want to cut the feed neck, but that high rise is a bit much for me to play with.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Bike grips - ugly, but so comfortable. They are great on my alley cats too; they soak up the vibration.

The pocket at the bottom of the frame was for wires to your warp feed from your intelli-switch, of course. I think it's big enough for pneu tubing as is, but it's been a while since I really looked.

At least they didn't install a level 10 for you. I got one that was full of paint in the bolt area. The level 10 in it was all scrambled up.

You do have a new style power feed plug in the classic RT? They are helpful.

I saw a RT go for $80.25 shipped on the 'bay today. I would have bid it up a little more if I had been home. Euro high rise body too. I only hope someone here or AO got it. I would have thrown some more money at it, but I would have just re-sold it. I wouldn't want to cut the feed neck, but that high rise is a bit much for me to play with.
ahhhh warp feed I wasn't thinking of that. It looks like a handy place to put a drop in adapter for pneumagging. Instead of having to drill and then get a 1/8" tap in there fromt he inside to tap it.

level 10 is still in the mail. I'm waiting impatiently for it.

Old wierd looking PF plug in it. the side are cut away so there is only a little ramp in the middle. Ordering some stuff otnight anyways so I will be getting 2 of those.

I got this one for considearbly less than that
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
I got this one for considearbly less than that
Niice!

Heh, I would feel bad, but I fired up my little automag with the x-valve and max-flo today. It was rocking at 900 psi easy. It only takes one to empty a case of paint without trying.

I have one of those pf plugs from my alley cats. I don't know where they came from. It kind of makes sense as a design, but does a contoured one cost that much more? Somebody was scraping for pennies there I think.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs