mcarterbrown.com

Old 04-11-2007, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Walrus

The X-Mag Delimma

Well, I have always wanted an X-Mag, but never could afford one nor find one that I really just fell in love with. I think my "custom" EMag is the best think next to sliced bread, but would it be worth the investment for the XMag? I would just like to get those who have one or had one to give a little advice.

The problem is that I finally found one that I just fell for and I would really like to have. The problem is that I would have to sell off my EMag, Blazer, and Evolution Minicocker to afford it. I take great care of my equipment so the X seems like something that I could purchase and possibly resell later (if I ever do) without taking a big loss. My wife has been after me to get rid of some of my equipment as I only "need" one gun and with a baby on the way this seems like the perfect answer to simplify! I am just torn about what to do (although I always end up doing what I want). Help a brother out!!!

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

As far as I can tell the Xmag boasts interchangable breeches. Not a big deal really when ULE bodies are cheap as dirt in comparision. I have a warp left and a ULE vert that ran me about 120 for both.

I cant say wether the X is worth it or not as I think thats a personal opnion but I can say my lust for an Xmag disappeared when I got my software updated to the Xmod, I am happy as can be with the ULE vert and Xmod software.
Chemical-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
well if you ever get rid of the minicocker let me know

and i used to have a blue dust c&c x-mag awsome gun with the mech electric and hybrid modes and the removeable breech the only drawback was the eye system since its located at the bottom of the breach it see's incoming balls which is good most of the time but the eye can become "confused" (its like it has bad depth perception) while 99.9% of the time the lvlx would stop the ball from chopping there would still be that .1% at most once a game. but of course paint makes a difference

but this is just my experience
Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
p8ntd dawrld & thensum

My main marker for the last 6yrs has been a rare, 1 o 35 SFL E-Mag (xmag prototype with removable breeches, milling done by shocktech, yada yada). She's been the only fast marker I've ever needed. Everything else I currently own otherwise, is a pump

Emag's can be sweet though. But in terms of looks, the only thing other than an X-Mag or SFL E-Mag I would ever consider, is a Karta E-Mag. Those things are beauties.

-baller
Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
If I had the chance to exchange an e-mag and some other guns for an X I would take it.

On looks alone it would be worth the deal.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
If I had the chance to exchange an e-mag and some other guns for an X I would take it.

On looks alone it would be worth the deal.
I knew you would be there with me Robertsr! Another Mag lover

The way I have been thinking about it is that I can only use one gun at a time and I usually have to force myself to stop using my EMag to use the other guns I have. My EMag is not a typical EMag either. I have an IT body, RPG Thrasher rail, and ULE EMag lowers. It is a bad looking beast and I can just sit and hold it for hours looking at it. I absolutlely love it and I am sure I will miss it as it still contains the remains of the only marker I ever bought new. I had purchased a new ULE Mag from Tunaman back in the fall of 05. All that is left of it is the valve and rail as I had to buy all the other parts second hand. I think once I get the X, I will soon change to loving it more than my EMag.

By the way, this is my EMag that I will be upgrading from (there are a few more pics in my gallery):

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag
Old 04-12-2007, 09:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

nice mag... is that the pariah body?

if i had the cash, i'd buy it in a heartbeat.... and i don't like elecros

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Kilt Fan
Actually, you have a nice little package of hotness there with the e-mag you have in hand.

Suddenly it's not such an easy choice...

Personally, I'd kill quite a few kittens to get my hands on an SFL, and that IT body would be the best second bet for an angular design. The organic-ness of the X-mag is the draw for me, but seeing your E-Mag setup, I have to say that I might stick with what I had if I were you.

FEEDBACK
Old 04-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking_Target View Post
nice mag... is that the pariah body?
Nope it is an IT body from Extreme Depot. They made a run of them a while back and then stopped. They (like all other custom Mag bodies) are hard to come by and you always pay an arm and a leg for one.

I like the angular look of it, but I am more of an organic kinda guy. Hard angles are nice, but I like curves

Robertsr I wish I could sell you the body, but the guy who I bought it off of last year said he would want it back if and when I decide to sell. Other than that the rest of it would be available if the deal goes down for the X.

It is wrong to feel bad about wanting and possibly getting an X-Mag? I have to clear out all of my other guns and knowing that I just couldn't buy another one without selling the X-Mag gives me the uneasy feeling. Geez, I wasn't this nervous getting married! I have promised my wife that my paintball habit will always pay for itself. So if I want something paintball related I sell equipment to buy it. This way I don't use money for my habit..I mean hobby that we could be using for our home or food. Every once in a while I can sneak some parts in, but big ticket items like this are another story.

My Gallery

Old 04-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Kilt Fan
Dude, I wish I could buy it.

I'm bringing a Micro E-Mag back to life as we speak.

FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs