mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeK View Post
Good luck on trying to get paintballs to even stay in the drum before rolling out of the barrel. Since the FN-303 was designed to use Perfect Circle shells, they would need to be exactly the same size in order to not bind and not roll out.
Which is probably the same exact size as FS rounds. They are made by the same company.

Perfect circle round:

FS round:

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

LOL yes fellas, my video was staged

For some reason, I always get tons of requests to do a "Walmart Paintball Gun Review Show". I absolutely refused to actually spend the time or money to buy that garbage sitting on the shelves and try to review it.

So when I finally got a FN303 (which I've been searching for, for nearly a year), I decided to combine the unboxing for the FN303 with the stupid WalMart show requests, and make it a joke video to have some fun.

While the video was a joke, the fact that I own one is not. I've got access to quite a bit of AGD parts and stuff, and my gut feeling tells me that we can easily get this to fire first strike rounds at 290fps, we just need to reduce the volume with a delrin insert or something like it.

The problem is too much volume. You can't reduce pressure to get the gun to cycle properly, so that leaves keeping the pressure the same but reducing the volume. It's going to be a fun project, I can't wait :-)
Old 09-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I wish you would have put that at the end of the video or something. My friends literally asked where the FN303 was at and the lady at the counter gave them the "WTH Look".

I knew it was a staged video, I just found it obnoxious that your target audience actually went to Wal-Mart for an FN-303.

That being said, I would like to see the gun modded up and shooting FS rounds.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
LOL yes fellas, my video was staged

For some reason, I always get tons of requests to do a "Walmart Paintball Gun Review Show". I absolutely refused to actually spend the time or money to buy that garbage sitting on the shelves and try to review it.

So when I finally got a FN303 (which I've been searching for, for nearly a year), I decided to combine the unboxing for the FN303 with the stupid WalMart show requests, and make it a joke video to have some fun.

While the video was a joke, the fact that I own one is not. I've got access to quite a bit of AGD parts and stuff, and my gut feeling tells me that we can easily get this to fire first strike rounds at 290fps, we just need to reduce the volume with a delrin insert or something like it.

The problem is too much volume. You can't reduce pressure to get the gun to cycle properly, so that leaves keeping the pressure the same but reducing the volume. It's going to be a fun project, I can't wait :-)
You realize, Mike, that most people still find their way into the sport with that 'garbage' markers, right?

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Heck, I never would have gotten into the game with out being able to pick up a Stingray II at the local Walmart. If someone told me I "had" to buy a gun that cost twice as much I never would have started.

A quick run down of what's available there and what to get if that's your only option (which happens a lot to new players) would really be a service to the overall paintball community. Going with what's available at my local wally world, a Model98, Tippmann agitated hopper (get the one with the sensor, not the constant agitation one), 20 oz, pod pack, swab, JT mask, and you're good to go.

Back on topic:

I'd love to see a range and accuracy comparison between First Strikes and those Bismuth rounds. I bet those puppies really carry.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212

Last edited by Fubarius; 09-28-2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Doh! can't believe I forgot the mask.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Hah, I have to admit I believed the hoax. I wouldn't put that kind of goof past the good folks at Walmart.

I loved my Talon. Pringles can silencer, sling and pvc barrel extension held on with packing tape!

I have it kicking around somewhere, it's still sporting my teeth marks from frantic 12 gram changes while I was sitting in a bush surrounded.

Last edited by russc; 09-28-2011 at 08:07 PM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
it's still sporting my teeth marks from frantic 12 gram changes while I was sitting in a bush surrounded.
wait...what?
CB103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post

Back on topic:

I'd love to see a range and accuracy comparison between First Strikes and those Bismuth rounds. I bet those puppies really carry.
Yea unfortunately it's a "sight" thing, the First Strike Rounds already cover almost two football fields at 300fps (shooting up at 45 degrees), so shooting the regular Bismuth rounds at 450FPS, they just simply go so far they disappear from sight.

I could easily see those things going 600+ yards, at 450+FPS
Old 09-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
A quick run down of what's available there and what to get if that's your only option (which happens a lot to new players) would really be a service to the overall paintball community. Going with what's available at my local wally world, a Model98, Tippmann agitated hopper (get the one with the sensor, not the constant agitation one), 20 oz, pod pack, swab, JT mask, and you're good to go.
Agreed, my local stores also carry a few JT guns still as well as the M98, Carver One, ER2, and a couple others.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB103 View Post
wait...what?
12 gram knob...it wasn't piercing so I did what I had to do!
russc is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs