mcarterbrown.com

Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Looking For Mag Worth

Ok, this is not a "What is my mag worth", but a "what is a typical mag with X setup worth".

I am thinking of buying a mag, but not sure on what they sell for because of all the different setups.

Possible specs:
Valve type:
-RT valve (how big of a difference is there between the 2 valves)
-X Valve
Feed type:
-Centerfed
Body Type:
-Minimag (would love a centerfed minimag, but I heard they're rare )
-Automag
-ULE frame
-RT Pro
Bolt type:
-Level 10
Frame type:
-Z-Frame (I really really want to know how that feels in the hands, if only someone around here lives in South Jersey )
-Other double trigger frames

So, I'm just curious what the costs for a setup like these would run typically. Is it best to skip the RT valve and go for the X valve?

Looking for a style like this
Automag
level 10 bolt
RT valve
Intelliframe
=$XXX
Add X-Valve
=$XXX
Add Z-frame
=$XXX
(And of course the price difference in a minimag, automag, and ULE frame with centerfeed, etc)

Thanks!

Last edited by Pr3mium; 05-30-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Pr3mium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

There doing a preorder on centerfeed minimag body:
Aluminum ULE style minimag body pre-order!!
rseb4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseb4agze View Post
There doing a preorder on centerfeed minimag body:
Aluminum ULE style minimag body pre-order!!
I saw, and if I could have any body that's what it'd be. But it's too expensive for me. :'(
Old 05-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well, you can start at the model-T color (black) ULE pro, new from AGD for about $550.

Something similar with an RT Pro / ReTro valve used might come in around $350 - $400, all stock.

If you skulk around the BSTs long enough, you'll see things you like and things you can live without, while figuring out the prices. Some things I will buy just to try, but I've never been willing to put out the cash for a z-grip (~$140).

Sometimes you come across a mag very close to what you want for a good price, not caring about it's particular defects. If you figure out what you want first, you'll have a better shot of getting it. Otherwise, you may end up with several mags before you get it right.

Look at the misc BST to get some part prices. That way you can make reasonable offers in the marker section. If a custom part is in the way, they might part the rest of the marker to you since they expect good value from that part.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

thats great advice from spider...if you know exactly what your after there is less of a chance of the Mag breeding as they like to do! there is a Z-Mag in the BST for sale right now with all the parts your looking for...here is a link:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...tneel-icd.html

good luck...i hope you find what your looking for dood!
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That would be the perfect mag I'm looking for. But I don't have that much, around $400 unless I use my tax returns which I'm saving for a new phone and my car insurance. :/

Thanks for the advice Spider. Just wish I knew people in South Jersey to test a mag first.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3mium View Post
That would be the perfect mag I'm looking for. But I don't have that much, around $400 unless I use my tax returns which I'm saving for a new phone and my car insurance. :/

Thanks for the advice Spider. Just wish I knew people in South Jersey to test a mag first.
If keep your eye open & wait. You could prolly score a nice mag for $400 w/ a xvalve, most likely with a intelli.

Last edited by rseb4agze; 05-31-2012 at 02:32 AM.
rseb4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Pr3mium

Which field do you play at?
ScreamingShiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingShiek View Post
Originally Posted by Pr3mium

Which field do you play at?
Usually Picasso Lake. I live only 5 minutes away. I would literally go to a different field to try one. . I have an Axe they can borrow.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3mium View Post

PM the guy and see what he says...also remember if you didnt like the way the Z-grip feels there are quite a few people that are looking for them! do you have other markers besides an AXE to offer as a trade...thats how i got the majority of my nice Mags!

here is a nice Tac-One:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...w-e1-sale.html

Last edited by need4reebs; 05-31-2012 at 02:54 AM.
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs