mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

new to mags and have questions

I just purchased my first mag. Have always loved the old school mechs since i first started back in 2000. I am currently a autococker owner and love how they operate and such. Same with mags but havent had any hands on experience till now. I just recently found out about pnuemags and just love that idea of operation. But before i get too ahead of myself i was wondering what everyone means by tuning your mag? Does this just consist of basic upkeep? Also what all trigger frames work wih mags? I belive ive seen angel frames on mags is this true? Mainly curious about this if i decide to start playing around with the idea of a pnuemag i know i would need a frame with lots of space in it. My top priority of coarse is "tuning" to get my mag performing the best it can. Also i purchased a minimag with what i belive is a dye double trigger frame and stock lvl7. Any and all help is appreciated!
CoRose42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Congratulations. Welcome to the party, pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRose42 View Post
But before i get too ahead of myself i was wondering what everyone means by tuning your mag?
Usually when people are talking about tuning a mag, they're actually talking about the Level Ten bolt (which prevents chops) or a ULT on/off (which makes the trigger lighter). If you have a stock L7 Minimag, though, you shouldn't have to tune it. Just make sure all the o-rings are good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRose42 View Post
Also what all trigger frames work with mags? I belive ive seen angel frames on mags is this true?
You've probably just seen angel grips. There are a few 90* mag frames out there that use angel grips. Lots of people have modified various other frames to fit, but that's usually just for fun. There are LOTS of frame options for mags, and almost all of them can be modified into a pneumatic or even electropneumatic. It just depends on how much money and patience you have.

My AO Feedback

Want to cover you stainless steel lines with something nice? I've got heat shrink tubing.
rawbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Cool thanks thats pretty much everythig I needed to know for now. I obviously dont want to just destroy my first mag ever and deff want to get the feel of a traditional mag first. Later down the road I will pudsue an addition frame I can tinker with to keep me busy and interested in. I obviously love tinkering around hince why I also love the autococker.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Un Tico

New to mags uh? Put it down and back away slowly, no sudden moves. Oh never mind you already fell into the mag pool, expect them to start breeding. Before you know it you will have a few more with tons of upgrades laying around.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ha im hoping so
Old 06-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Curious as to how intelliframes are different from any other frame besides the obvious appearance? And is an rt valve a neccesity for pnuemag or will just a lvl10 work? From my understanding a rt valve is similar the rt trigger in tippmanns? I mean I know there is no comparison but they both put pressuee back on the trigger correct? Or is there more to the rt valve I dont know?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
I use a Classic Valve on my pneumag.

Differences betweens valves:
AGD Valve Info

Some good info:
Automags UK, your automag, minimag, automag RT, X Mag and E Mag resource

Automags UK, your automag, minimag, automag RT, X Mag and E Mag resource

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Un Tico

I have a classic valve on my pneumag and epmag. Entili frames lots like them for double trigger plus one of the easiest double trigger frames to get a hold of. I might know where you can pick up a pneumag one.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

I like the idea of building my own so its more personal ya know. What would be some good frames to look into for building a pnuemag other than the chimera? I like the chimera but would like to know what all are good options and would have enough room to put the lpr in the frame.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
There are a couple other 90* frames, the m90 and a logic 90*, then the logic UMF, ceribus air walk, and AGD zgrip. Of you don't have experience milling the zgrip would be very tough to do a sleeper in from what I've read. There are likely more frames I'm forgetting too.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs