mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Custom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
That is a fairly long spacer for not resetting. You can't be too far off.

Do you have your rail bushing in place? You would have to be pushing your valve forward during assembly, but its usually worth asking.

Make sure your body washer where the bolt passes through is clean and clear. Old mags can have some nasty build-up there.
Rail bushing was missing, didnt even notice. I'm thinking my friend dropped it and didnt know it should be there. I have lots so I set it back in.

Final question. theres a blue washer behind the bolt, is that level 10? I have some clear ones, I think the clear one is correct.
adam45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

the blue one is for a lvl 7 bolt and the clear one is for lvl 10 bolt or RT type valve
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Custom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
the blue one is for a lvl 7 bolt and the clear one is for lvl 10 bolt or RT type valve
Wow dyslexia and memory loss. Awesome.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
^^^ What this guy said.

Classic level 7:
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/down...plodedview.pdf

Retro/X
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/down...oexploded1.pdf
Old 06-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkafluence View Post
Level 7 mags don't use the Gold Spring... that's from Level X installations
Seriously!?!?!

You need to put a sock in it, you're causing more harm then good. The gold spring is the standard spring for a lvl 7. No other spring should be use with the lvl 7

Adam...
Blue or clear bumper, doesn't matter as long as you have a bumper installed, either one will work with either bolt setup.

As for your issue, if you're experiencing bolt stick main cause would be the spacer being too short.

Too short of a spacer = Bolt stick

Too long of a spacer = Barrel leak

A missing rail bush will cause many issues. Mostly the "spongy trigger" issue where you'll feel tension on the trigger but won't fire.

If your thumb or frame screw is too tight that will create problems due to the extra tention miss aligning the body, rail and/or valve. This usually causes chuffing and reset issues. A good rule of thumb for your frame screw is once you fell the tention on the screw, go another 1/4 turn and leave it be. The thumb screw should just be finger tight. In very rare occations, you might need to get a allen key to the thumb screw but that only usually occurrs when you have aftermarket parts not playing together properly.

Last edited by Ando; 06-23-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Good to know the bumpers are the same. AGD store didn't list the blue bumper for the classic just the rt/e/x. Thanks Ando good info.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Custom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Seriously!?!?!

You need to put a sock in it, you're causing more harm then good. The gold spring is the standard spring for a lvl 7. No other spring should be use with the lvl 7

Adam...
Blue or clear bumper, doesn't matter as long as you have a bumper installed, either one will work with either bolt setup.

As for your issue, if you're experiencing bolt stick main cause would be the spacer being too short.

Too short of a spacer = Bolt stick

Too long of a spacer = Barrel leak

A missing rail bush will cause many issues. Mostly the "spongy trigger" issue where you'll feel tension on the trigger but won't fire.

If your thumb or frame screw is too tight that will create problems due to the extra tention miss aligning the body, rail and/or valve. This usually causes chuffing and reset issues. A good rule of thumb for your frame screw is once you fell the tention on the screw, go another 1/4 turn and leave it be. The thumb screw should just be finger tight. In very rair occations, you might need to get a allen key to the thumb screw but that usually occurrs when you have aftermarket parts not playing together properly.
The care pack I just handed off includes the next larger spacer I have (.225). If he's still having issues with bolt stick I showed him how to swap it out. He's traveling a fair ways so I dont want him sitting on the sidelines.

I have a number of other classics that I will be working on and selling soon. This one was vexing because I was running out of time before he leaves.

Thanks, again.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaze View Post
Good to know the bumpers are the same. AGD store didn't list the blue bumper for the classic just the rt/e/x. Thanks Ando good info.
The bumpers aren't the same but can be used in either bolt system. The clear bumper is a hair thicker/softer/made of another material then the blue but either one can be used in either system. The important thing to remember here is to have one installed.

Talk to Henchmen. He'll tell you all about what happens when you forget.

Here's your shirt Henchmen.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

Quote:
The bumpers aren't the same but can be used in either bolt system. The clear bumper is a hair thicker/softer/made of another material then the blue but either one can be used in either system. The important thing to remember here is to have one installed.

Talk to Henchmen. He'll tell you all about what happens when you forget.

Here's your shirt Henchmen.

http://i1.cpcache.com/product/276692...=380&width=380

need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Seriously!?!?!

Whoa dude, chillax!

No level 7 valve that I've EVER had came with or used a gold spring. All the level 7 ones I've owned had the "plain" silver looking one. [And, I'm NOT referring to the uncut one.]

That's not to say that AGD never had ones that came with a gold spring, but my experience has been otherwise. My original comment derived from the fact that the Level X kits originally came with 3 springs - the red, the gold, and the uncut one.
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs