mcarterbrown.com

Old 03-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by going_home View Post
I just bought the piston kit for my I-regs so I can do 1000 psi input.

Sorry to thread hijack, but besides my comments above, where can you get the piston kit for the I-Regs? Found a place to buy the reg and can get one installed, but the NitroDuck site doesn't even reference the I-Regs or piston kits.

So, you do 1000psi output with an ULT with no problems?

Thanks.

Litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:10 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litespeed View Post
Sorry to thread hijack, but besides my comments above, where can you get the piston kit for the I-Regs? Found a place to buy the reg and can get one installed, but the NitroDuck site doesn't even reference the I-Regs or piston kits.

So, you do 1000psi output with an ULT with no problems?

Thanks.

No problem with the hijack. I just bought the I-reg with the piston kit also. I haven't recieved it yet, but I'm also using a ULT. I got mine from a seller on ebay. He also sells the regulator. They go fast because ND went out of business. So, whatever is left that's probably going to be the last of it. I originally bought the reg and piston kit off of Sakworld. But, they ended up not having any in stock. They told me ND went out of business and they won't be getting anymore in stock. Also, he said they originally intended to buy out ND, but he said that won't be happening now. Here is the seller on Ebay.
eBay Seller: stlchoppers: Outdoor Sports, DVD, HD DVD Blu-ray items on eBay.com

He doesn't have any listed now, but you could probably send him a message. That's what I had to do.
Code_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code_Red View Post
No problem with the hijack. I just bought the I-reg with the piston kit also. I haven't recieved it yet, but I'm also using a ULT. I got mine from a seller on ebay. He also sells the regulator. They go fast because ND went out of business. So, whatever is left that's probably going to be the last of it. I originally bought the reg and piston kit off of Sakworld. But, they ended up not having any in stock. They told me ND went out of business and they won't be getting anymore in stock. Also, he said they originally intended to buy out ND, but he said that won't be happening now. Here is the seller on Ebay.
eBay Seller: stlchoppers: Outdoor Sports, DVD, HD DVD Blu-ray items on eBay.com

He doesn't have any listed now, but you could probably send him a message. That's what I had to do.
Funny you mention that, I thought stlchopper was Nitro Duck. I just bought an I-REG from him a few days ago, but i'm waiting on the piston kit and ran into the same problem with sakworld. Hopefully he will have some more shortly.

Vetter did not like using the ULT improperly with the high input pressure rapid-fire method. I've heard it prematurely wears out the sear, etc...

Now, with the 1000psi piston, if I can still get "controllable" reactivity and have the ULT I will try it. Otherwise, i'll just go with the higher output regulator and forgo the ULT right now.

Last edited by Litespeed; 03-25-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:57 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Funny you mention that, I thought stlchopper was Nitro Duck. I just bought an I-REG from him a few days ago, but i'm waiting on the piston kit and ran into the same problem with sakworld. Hopefully he will have some more shortly.

Vetter did not like using the ULT improperly with the high input pressure rapid-fire method. I've heard it prematurely wears out the sear, etc...

Now, with the 1000psi piston, if I can still get "controllable" reactivity and have the ULT I will try it. Otherwise, i'll just go with the higher output regulator and forgo the ULT right now.

I would think that any form of rapid fire would wear out the sear faster. I got mine yesterday so I had it installed on my crossfire tank at my pb shop. I tested it with the ULT and did get the reative fire going, but only in short bursts. I tried the stock on/off and it didn't have any reactivity. I don't know if I installed the stock on/off wrong or what? But, I would think 1000psi would be enough to get it going. I'm going to have to read around some more.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

IF you have an X valve, the higher pressure does not help. I have tried it in my Tac and it never worked. It does work well with the RT valve. The higher pressures helped the RT with a better reactive feel. I ran my RT with a Armageddon reg set about 950 psi. The higher psi does not really help the X valve. I would just stay with the ULT and 800 psi.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmy952 View Post
IF you have an X valve, the higher pressure does not help. I have tried it in my Tac and it never worked. It does work well with the RT valve. The higher pressures helped the RT with a better reactive feel. I ran my RT with a Armageddon reg set about 950 psi. The higher psi does not really help the X valve. I would just stay with the ULT and 800 psi.
Hmmm.. I wish I would have known that before I bought the reg. Oh well, my bf just bought a Mini and wants to run LP so I guess I can put the 400psi piston in so he can use that.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Simmy, not trying to call you out, but I would have to disagree. Now, some X valves are less reactive than others, but that is mostly due to the minute differences in the on/off (tolerances), but enough pressure, it will become reactive.

The X-valve, RT-Pro, RT, Retro, E-mag, yada, yada, yada are all based on the same design, similar reactivity except that on/off differences mentioned above.

You Tac might not have been reactive at 950 with that particular on/off, but I can't imagine that.

Courtesy of Zak Vetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code_Red View Post
Hmmm.. I wish I would have known that before I bought the reg. Oh well, my bf just bought a Mini and wants to run LP so I guess I can put the 400psi piston in so he can use that.
Just get the 1000psi piston and I think you will be surpised.

Last edited by Litespeed; 03-25-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:07 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Simmy, not trying to call you out, but I would have to disagree. Now, some X valves are less reactive than others, but that is mostly due to the minute differences in the on/off (tolerances), but enough pressure, it will become reactive.

The X-valve, RT-Pro, RT, Retro, E-mag, yada, yada, yada are all based on the same design, similar reactivity except that on/off differences mentioned above.

You Tac might not have been reactive at 950 with that particular on/off, but I can't imagine that.

Courtesy of Zak Vetter
http://www.zakvetter.com/images/pain...cle-valves.jpg

Just get the 1000psi piston and I think you will be surpised.
I do have the 1000psi piston and got no reactivity out of the stock on/off. I can just get one shot off at a time. I contacted Zak and he said it could be that the stock on/off pin isn't the correct size or it worn out (doubt it cause it's new) OR my sear pin isn't adjusted to the right length. I will have to check those later.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:57 AM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I am just stating what worked better for me. I had a new Tac One. Not a used one. I upgraded from a RT pro. The higher psi worked great in the RT. My trigger would just bounce. It did not work well with the Tac. I do know that there is a break in period but it still just did not work for me. The ULT with 800 psi maintained the best performance for me.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I am just stating what worked better for me. I had a new Tac One. Not a used one. I upgraded from a RT pro. The higher psi worked great in the RT. My trigger would just bounce. It did not work well with the Tac. I do know that there is a break in period but it still just did not work for me. The ULT with 800 psi maintained the best performance for me.
If you had some calipers I would be interested in the measurements of that on/off pin.

Some have had to buy new pins and shave them down to get the reactivity they like. Doesn't take much variability

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs