mcarterbrown.com

Old 03-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

Send a message via AIM to BigEvil

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PBN Fan
You will never look back once you go LVL10. It is the single best upgrade you will ever get for any of your mags.

If you are running an older valve w/a lvl 7, you MIGHT need to purchase a new reg piston. The older ones were set to vent at a lower pressure and once you install the lvl10 you may get some venting out of the back. This was a normal occurrence when the lvl10s first came out and people started to retrofit their markers.

BigEvil's MCB Feedback
Non-Butthurt AGD enthusiast since 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar20th
I think I want to get banned from mcb.. It will be cheaper
BigEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I bought one, used it for a season & then took it out.
My reasons for going back to the LVL 7 bolt were:
1- Constant need for re-tuning with temperature changes (I'm in Canada so the temp difference between summer and winter are pretty big).
2- It didn't work with all my barrels. I have an older brass barrel that I like which was too narrow to fit the LVL 10 bolt.
3- Even with a gravity feed hopper I never have trouble with chopping on my mag. I did before I changed the powerfeed plug to the newer parabolic one (one or two chops in a day of play) but with the new feed plug I'm actually shocked if I do chop. Granted I don't spray all that much but there are those times when I'm on the trigger as fast as I can be for a good five or six shots.

Granted this is with the stock single trigger frame so I'm not exactly shooting all that fast.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

You can do a non aggresive tune of the LX that wont give any guff. It isnt super soft on paint, but soft enough, and you shouldnt need to retune.

All mag bolts have trouble with smaller barrels, modifying mag barrels to allow the bolt to enter into them was commonplace when people used to pay 300 dollars for classic mags.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

LVL 10 works but pain in the A$$ to setup and I hate foamies but once set up will work just fine with a little more maintance than a Lvl7.

Would I upgrade a perfectly working LVL7 setup? NO a couple chops hear and there not worth the effort. In addition it does decrease you HPA efficiency.

Yes, AGD makes a good product and Lvl 10 is one of them just sometimes a minute improvement is not necessary if everything is already working to your satisfaction.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

I am a teammate of Grendel's, and I have a Lvl 7 mag. He and I have talked about this upgrade several times. I use an old Pro Team Products bolt (foamy-less) and I don't have any problems. Granted, I don't try to attain high ROF's either. I am not planning on changing what I have, but I have thought about getting a project mag and trying the upgrade. I have seen several Lvl 10's that are really impressive. As far as being a gas hog, that's why you buy "all day air".........
Clay Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Send a message via AIM to Clearush

as for being a gas hog what is 10-20 less shots off a full bottle, your shooting a mag as it is anyways
Old 03-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to SN toter

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I've put a LX in all of my classic RT's, retromags, and emags over the years. Works great, a bit of a pain to tune. Now in my classic valved markers I've never bothered with one. I just don't shoot them fast enough to have chopping problems.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lions, Tigers, and Bears...

Exclamation No Way

There is no way I'd spend 75.00 on a level 10 when you can get an Xvalve with the level 10 already installed on it on Ebay for 175.00 to 225.00 . Just upgrade the valve. You can get a used one maybe even cheaper than those prices .
Or trade for one. People will sometimes do partial trades for the higher dollar items.

going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by going_home View Post
There is no way I'd spend 75.00 on a level 10 when you can get an Xvalve with the level 10 already installed on it on Ebay for 175.00 to 225.00 . Just upgrade the valve. You can get a used one maybe even cheaper than those prices .
Or trade for one. People will sometimes do partial trades for the higher dollar items.

I agree unless co2 usage is an issue, and the OP uses HPA so I doubt that is the case.
sdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by going_home View Post

Totally. Id never spend even 50 dollars to upgrade a 100 dollar gun.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs