mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I should probably make a new post for this as well but that seems a bit high for the shot count. I tried an old classic I had and around 14 was the absolute max. Are there some mods people are doing for higher efficiency? devolumizing of the power chamber? Filling in some of the extra space in the reg?

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Walrus

Not that I know of. Were you using the "Classic Valve" or the "68 Automag" valve? The "Classic" came out after the original 68Automag valve and is suppose to be better. It has been so long, but I think I was getting around 20 balls or more when I had my Minimag pump with a Classic valve on it. It was basically a stock Mag setup, Classic valve and level 7. You may want to check to see what velocity you are shooting and your paint to barrel match. I kept mine between 280-290. If you are trying to get to 300 then you may be using the extra air there when you can drop it back and conserve a little. Also I was using a 10-12" barrel as well, not a long 14-16", so that may be some of it as well.

Is the valve you are using in good condition (seals and orings)? I have noticed that if there is a little reg creep in the valve then you may use more air. Just replace the reg seat and possibly the reg pin and it should take care of it.

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

that was with my old classic that I have since parted with. there were a few changes that would have decreased efficiency. 8 hole reg body (more air stored in the reg, not much but some), reactor on/off (had a little more volume that the stock on/off), venturi bolt (nuff said) and a 14 inch dye aluminum barrel.

the p mag I am doing now has a stock 68 automag valve. I'll look into it when it gets back but I will probably be running 3.5 oz and never worry too much about 12 grams.

always kept an eye on the reg seat per the instructions/article by Rob Hoover. Don't know if that article is still floating around but it was a good read and served me pretty well. Kind of suprising how many mag lovers/shooters didn't know the info in that article, even more suprising how many times you could tell them why they had velocity issues and how to fix it and still have them not do it. I doubt chefdave will chime in since this is the mags section but we have a mutual acquaintance that threw his micromag after a hot chrony at a tourny due to this. Well more due to his attitude than the gun, I had told him how to fix this many weeks before this happend. Surprise Surprise... the mag survived the throw with no damage, the cheap drop forward on it wasn't so lucky.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Walrus

I would love to see the article if you can dig up a link to it.

So what happened with the Micro (ailment and fix)?

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
You can use LVL-10 and the pump kit, however, it's not recommened. This is because both are tempermental products and when combined can be VERY tempermental. If your not a "Mag Guy" and really know how to tune a Lvl-10 then combining the two might be a huge headache.... However, it can be done.

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't know if he ever did fix the reg seat. I think he ended up selling it with the bad seal.

I am currently trying to dig up that page but it has been about 5 years since I read it. I am comming up with a few pages but I'm having to leach those and none of them have been the right one yet. I'll make a new thread of articles by rob hoover in the AGD portion.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs