mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-09-2006, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

price check on AGD Micromag

Someone @ a local field is selling this -->

It needs a new bottom microline and it's cocker threaded. What would be a fair price for this? The owner of this also has an older Impulse and he's willing to sell both for a good price. What would be a fair price for both?
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Older Impulse - If it's the stock one, $125-$145.

Micromag - $250-$300

Walker
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
The MicroMag doesn't have the matched barrel or Vert Adapter. It's also the older body style with the bolt on detent system as opposed to the machined detent. It's also a classic valve as opposed to an RT. If the valve is MicroMag branded it would add a few bucks for the picky collector types.

With the current market I'd place that Micro at $150.00 to $200. I pulled down a nickle plated MicroMag with a non-branded classic valve and non matched barrel for $130 or $140 about a month ago. Around the same time, I sold a 1 of 6 Lightning anno Micro RT with matched Vert Adapter and original barrel for $400-ish. I think the market is getting a bit saturated, as I've seen some significant price drops in the last 24 months.

Beautiful Micro! I'm not familiar with that anno pattern, although I'd lay money on it being one of the PTP produced annos. It's not on my list of regular production patterns, but they did do one off patterns, and it has the "PTP look" around the color seperations. Pitty that the original barrel isn't there. It's quite a looker though.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Roberts micro price is alot more on target. I wouldnt buy the impulse unless its basically free.

Micromags havent had a whole lot of value since AGD released their aluminum bodies. The 400 dollar one Roberts sold will probably be the most expensive one ever, for those features. He marketed that one well :P
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Sorry but I knew I should of taken pics of the valve. But it is stamped "Micromag". And instead of being concerned about my automag, he was telling me the story of who did the anno job and some other points of interest and, of course, was not really paying to attention to minor details like remembering the name and when it was done.

But why would someone take the time and expense to make an automag take autococker barrels?

As for the Impulse, the major annoying thing about it was the fact that stupid blue blinking light was constantly in my face.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
I'd say $150-$180 is a very fair price then. Given that it's got the MicroMag valve.

These are great little shooters. You can get a PILE of really good barrels for them pretty cheap now that Cockers seem to be a bit on the downturn. Spend $60 for a level ten kit, and that will rock and roll. I had very good luck with both of my Micro's this past sunday. They're light, small, and quite well regarded by those in the know. Those not in the know ask you what kind of Shocker it is.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31c View Post
But why would someone take the time and expense to make an automag take autococker barrels?
There is a bit more than just Cocker threads.
The body and rail are one piece, all aluminum thus lighter.
It has a different detent system. The powerfeed is standard (mine is vertical feed). They also came with Benchmark 45 grip frames.

Back in the day, they were a great upgrades to a standard 'Mag.

The first run of MicroMags has non removable barrels of approx 6". These were pistol-like, smaller, lighter and "cooler" than a standard Mag.
Target is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs