mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
WWAD

emag dropoff problem

I just got an emag in a trade... xvalve and a few other goodies but there is one problem. When I take it past around 7-8 bps in semi it dies down and take two or three shots to recharge, then I get a drop-off effect. I have to wait 30 seconds or so for another burst of fully powered shots. The same thing happens when I one ball more than 200 or so shots.

Things I have done to try and fix this:
Tried both hp and lp tanks.
Lubed the valve.

Any suggestions are appreciated

adambarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Marathoner

What ASA are you running?
Are you running remote?
What length on/off pin are you running? (should be .712")
Are the reg springs rusty or crapped up?

Can you snap a pic of your setup?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
WWAD

1) CP on/off and rail- could it be the mag needs more air than the on/off is allowing? maybe a tank reg? I tried 3 different tanks though.
2) no remotes here
3) standard on/off pin, so .712"
4) here you go:

Old 10-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Marathoner

A standard X-Valve on/off pin is .750". The on/off pin for an Emag needs to be .712".

Please measure your on/off pin. Also, make sure it isn't a ULE Trigger Kit on/off.

What kind of "lube" did you use?

Does it do the same thing in mech mode?

Last edited by secretweaponevan; 10-07-2009 at 08:26 AM.
secretweaponevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Don't bother testing with a LP tank reg. Also, keep your tank fill above 1000-1200 psi when testing. It may shoot fine a lower tank pressures, but it helps separate possible problems.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
WWAD

It does do the same thing in mech mode. I dropped some oil (not the runny liquid, the field manager let me use it... he uses it on his personal mags) in the upper macro fitting and let it seep into the valve and shot it a few times to make sure it got circulated.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambarrack View Post
It does do the same thing in mech mode. I dropped some oil (not the runny liquid, the field manager let me use it... he uses it on his personal mags) in the upper macro fitting and let it seep into the valve and shot it a few times to make sure it got circulated.
crank out the velocity adjustment screw all the way and inspect the reg spring pack. Also unscrew the back half of the xvalve, and make sure that the pin and spring are sitting right, and the oring and retainer are in the right position. if you go to the AGD website they have an exploded diagram of an Xvalve. Your problem most likely isnt in your emag lowers it sounds like a valve issue to me. Also be ABSOLUTLY sure your tank is putting out atleast 800psi. some regs on tanks say they will but test it to be sure.
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

I had the same setup you got there as well.The problem being it's air starved and the ASA may need a change.After 7-8 shots you get a huff sound with the balls rolling out the barrel.I would recommend Getting a fully ajustable Reg.That's what was happening to my E-mag as well and i hope this helps.It also can be confused with bolt stick.Do you also hear another small leak or no?This is from the bolt not getting enough air presure to send the bolt back and is nothing to worrie about.And do you have X-mod software?I'll be glad to buy it from you for $800 just for the Marker lol.Your ASA looks fine though just add more air power and you will be fine.Make sure the Marker is getting 900 psi or more because you can still have the same problem at 900psi.I use a Ninja Reg now and my E-mag still has air complications and get about 10-12 shots befor it's got to recharge on air.That's why they made the FLATLINE.And most FLATLINE Regs came with 88ci tanks because these guns need the air.

Last edited by fflamingmoe; 11-02-2009 at 02:44 AM.
fflamingmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

Well i tryed the new Ninja Reg at the max.I had the same problem again with a preset reg.It had a little drop off but not as bad.Is your Valve new?Try a shorter spring on the bolt as well.And make sure you have a new bumper.You could be getting bolt stick you never know.And Lube the on off O-Rings.And don't forget to check the trigger magnets for good contact with the noid if your using Electric.Your sear might not be going far enough.I can tell you though it's not your pin.I'm sure if you cover the things i say here your gun should function perfectly.And get back to me ASAP if your still having problems by PM's if you like.And i can tell you this that the preset Ninja Reg i can give away lol. And give it a score of 6/10 on any E-mag ,Tac One,Rt ULT.1200 Psi is recommended because all other mags listed fire just as fast.This can happen with all the other modes on the gun even in Mech.Try diffrent spings first with ajusting the trigger magnets further out till you hear the trigger clicking and you get bounce in Electric.FIX at 46 and DWEL at 8 and turn up the velocity to 260-270 FPS on the krono if you have one.Then let me know what happens.I think your spring could be too hard as well.

Last edited by fflamingmoe; 11-02-2009 at 02:34 AM.
fflamingmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hey Moe ,, he sold this marker
maniacmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs