mcarterbrown.com

AirStar Nova For Airstar/PGI/WarMachine Paintball guns. Nova's and all related markers.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

serious Nova 700 leak

I have just aquired a nova and i've got a serious air leak right above the trigger if anyone could shine a light on this situation I would be greatlly appreciated.
~JeStEr~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
1.21 gigawatts!

Send a message via AIM to C5TEK Send a message via Yahoo to C5TEK

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Well...have you taken the regulator out of the back to eliminate that as the source of leakage? Mine was leaking from the big o-rings around the regulator body itself.Basically the big o-rings had shrunk and were no longer sealing to the outer body.In order to check them you have to remove the trigger frame then remove the regulator section.Check the o-rings by seeing if the o-rings drag when you put the housing into the body.If you can wiggle the housing inside the body the o-rings have shrunk and should be replaced. Check the armory pictures that are in the nova section on here for reference.
Last edited by Drum : Today at 07:41 AM. Reason: Because "sexy" lamps are for HOMO decorators...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier_Bill View Post
That was back when I thought the crusade against stupidity was actually a winable fight.I was wrong.And I gave up.
This sucker's electrical, but I need a nuclear
reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

My MCB Feedback
C5TEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm having a similar issue.

My leak seems to come from the o-ring that is all by itself between the slots in the frame above the grip.

When I took the frame off the tube I found someone had put teflon tape around the three o-rings. Curious.

I might just try that again for now.

I'm also curious where the relief valve vents from. I know if you turn it up to high it vents. I was adjusting the velocity when I first encountered the leak. It started almost inaudible and increased to a steady hiss after a few minutes.
Basshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to tybalt762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basshead View Post
I'm also curious where the relief valve vents from. I know if you turn it up to high it vents. I was adjusting the velocity when I first encountered the leak. It started almost inaudible and increased to a steady hiss after a few minutes.
The overpressure relief is located between the body and the trigger frame. I run mine on CO2, so it's always going off.
tybalt762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybalt762 View Post
The overpressure relief is located between the body and the trigger frame. I run mine on CO2, so it's always going off.
It should not, whether you run CO2 or not. I ran a SN off of a 7oz for years before I had to rebuild the reg. If it is venting all the time you either have too much pressure or a bad relief setup (probably just the urethane oring on the piston).

Avery
amcfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcfall View Post
It should not, whether you run CO2 or not. I ran a SN off of a 7oz for years before I had to rebuild the reg. If it is venting all the time you either have too much pressure or a bad relief setup (probably just the urethane oring on the piston).

Avery
I'm curious which of the two holes is the vent. I'm assuming the it's the hole in the main tube that lines up with the foward slot in the frame. If this is the case then what is the hole in frames rear slot?

I would also like more info on rebuilding the reg and the relief setup and urethane o-ring and piston mentioned above.
Basshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to tybalt762

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcfall View Post

Avery
Yeah, I had a feeling something was wrong.
tybalt762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basshead View Post
I'm curious which of the two holes is the vent. I'm assuming the it's the hole in the main tube that lines up with the foward slot in the frame. If this is the case then what is the hole in frames rear slot?

I would also like more info on rebuilding the reg and the relief setup and urethane o-ring and piston mentioned above.
I think the rear is the overpressure vent and the front is the spool vent. It says somewhere in the docs I posted.

Avery
amcfall is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AirStar Nova