mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   AKA (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/)
-   -   What do you think my Viking is worth? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/202192-what-do-you-think-my-viking-worth.html)

PeterZ 05-10-2012 06:44 PM

What do you think my Viking is worth?

Hey guys... trying to figure on what this baby is worth. I was thinking around the 900 neighborhood.

Stats:

- 2004 AKA Viking
- DC FSP Cut with "Front Towards Enemy" Engraving
- No Rise AKA feed
- RT Valve
- DC Volumizer
- Tadao Ebisu Board
- FBM Fierce Frame with Delrin trigger
- 2 Liter Plus Regulator
- SCM 3
- Bob long ASA with on-off
- Dye sticky 2 grips
- JMJ Snatch grip
- Perfect gloss black ano

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...c/IMGP1420.jpg

Let me know what you think.

laxpro69 05-10-2012 06:51 PM

Was this the one that was up on eBay recently? If not, check there as I believe there was a very similar one for sale recently.

PeterZ 05-10-2012 06:57 PM

No thats not it - I haven't thought about selling my baby, until now. I will check ebay but no this gun has only been mine.

hellion360 05-12-2012 05:45 PM

I'd say 900 is pretty ambitious for it.

My most recent AKA acquisitions were.
FSP 04with all internal cuts and RT Valve and Tadao: dust brown with wear @$600 shipped.
FSP 04 all internal cuts and buttcrack - regular valve and Tadao and a Powerlyte match anno'd barrel kit - absolutely immaculate stormtrooper anno @$700 Shipped.

Picked up the first in 2010 and the other in 2011. I don't expect realistic prices to have gone up. If you were very patient you might get 900, but I doubt it. At that price you are more expensive than a used ego11. Which is the most similar quality gun currently in production.

rawbutter 05-12-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellion360 (Post 2341348)
My most recent AKA acquisitions were.
FSP 04with all internal cuts and RT Valve and Tadao: dust brown with wear @$600 shipped.
FSP 04 all internal cuts and buttcrack - regular valve and Tadao and a Powerlyte match anno'd barrel kit - absolutely immaculate stormtrooper anno @$700 Shipped.

Those are really good deals. I typically see FSP's start around $800. I've seen more than a few really pretty ones sell for more than $1k.

So... I don't know. $900 doesn't sound crazy. You DO have lots of nice goodies on that beauty.

I mean, I just sold (a month ago) a completely stock '04 for $400, and you've got a great milling job (+$200), a great frame (+$150), a nice board (+$100), and a simple anno that has mass appeal (+$100). Plus a few other nice additions. So, $900 doesn't sound like a rip-off. It sounds fair. You've pretty much put together what I (and many other, I would dare to speculate) would call a "perfect" Viking. For anyone else to recreate what you've done, they'd have to (a) spend more money than your asking and (b) wait a long, long time to go through the process of milling, anno, etc.

If you are committed to put it up for sale, I say go with your gut and start at $900. If it doesn't move and you're getting desperate, you can always lower the price later.

That said, if you do want to start lower.... like, $700, I can assure you it would move real quick... if you know what I mean (wink wink, nudge nudge).

PeterZ 05-16-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawbutter (Post 2341383)
Those are really good deals. I typically see FSP's start around $800. I've seen more than a few really pretty ones sell for more than $1k.

So... I don't know. $900 doesn't sound crazy. You DO have lots of nice goodies on that beauty.

I mean, I just sold (a month ago) a completely stock '04 for $400, and you've got a great milling job (+$200), a great frame (+$150), a nice board (+$100), and a simple anno that has mass appeal (+$100). Plus a few other nice additions. So, $900 doesn't sound like a rip-off. It sounds fair. You've pretty much put together what I (and many other, I would dare to speculate) would call a "perfect" Viking. For anyone else to recreate what you've done, they'd have to (a) spend more money than your asking and (b) wait a long, long time to go through the process of milling, anno, etc.

If you are committed to put it up for sale, I say go with your gut and start at $900. If it doesn't move and you're getting desperate, you can always lower the price later.

That said, if you do want to start lower.... like, $700, I can assure you it would move real quick... if you know what I mean (wink wink, nudge nudge).

I really appreciate all the time and advice... btw, check your PM.