mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   AKA (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/)
-   -   Questions For AKA Gurus (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/aka/214059-questions-aka-gurus.html)

Mr.Smith 09-20-2012 09:10 PM

Questions For AKA Gurus
 
Hey all,

Looking for some input on the Tornado Valve and 2Litre Reg, and the lightning bolt. Im looking to really decrease the noise from my S5 Project, and these will be used in conjunction with Alpha343's Typhoon raincover.

So my question is, how do these perform?

MorueM 09-20-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Smith (Post 2481131)
So my question is, how do these perform?

Hummm... well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Smith (Post 2481131)
Looking for some input on the Tornado Valve and 2Litre Reg, and the lightning bolt.

The 2Liter is one of if not the best hpr on the market. High flowing and consistent. The Tornado valve is a high flowing valve, as is the Lightning bolt. Using the valve and bolt in combination is a wise choice.

As to the sound level.. Well, all I can think is this. The high flow internals help reduce the air pressure required by increasing the air volume. I guess lower pressure air might sound lower, but I would think a good ball to bore match with enough porting on the barrel tip would make more to lower the sound signature.

It would make an efficient setup.

Mr.Smith 09-20-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorueM (Post 2481138)
Hummm... well?


The 2Liter is one of if not the best hpr on the market. High flowing and consistent. The Tornado valve is a high flowing valve, as is the Lightning bolt. Using the valve and bolt in combination is a wise choice.

As to the sound level.. Well, all I can think is this. The high flow internals help reduce the air pressure required by increasing the air volume. I guess lower pressure air might sound lower, but I would think a good ball to bore match with enough porting on the barrel tip would make more to lower the sound signature.

It would make an efficient setup.

Exactly the answer I was looking for, thanks sir.

sniper97 09-20-2012 09:43 PM

Ravi has a review on the items you have in question (besides the reg)...the next part of your puzzle is a tight fitting barrel.

http://mcarterbrown.com/ravi/Article...AKAsystem.html

Mr.Smith 09-20-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniper97 (Post 2481160)
Ravi has a review on the items you have in question (besides the reg)...the next part of your puzzle is a tight fitting barrel.

Will google next.

That part of the platform is already covered by Alpha343, im getting him to run me a Typhoon/Inception combo.

MorueM 09-20-2012 10:07 PM

Funny how in that article Ravi says the Javelin is a tight bore, at a tiny .684"... and how now I get rollouts on a .678"...

Mr.Smith 09-20-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorueM (Post 2481184)
Funny how in that article Ravi says the Javelin is a tight bore, at a tiny .684"... and how now I get rollouts on a .678"...

Yeah, he actually goes on to say that he thinks that it was TOO tight a bore.
Thanks guys, I think that's what I needed to read.

imped4now 09-21-2012 11:18 AM

Wow, I don't think I've been on Ravi's site since ~2003. That was quite the trip.

toymachine 09-21-2012 03:54 PM

How does the AKA a/c hammer kit (and springs) tie into the OP's described setup?

Mr.Smith 09-21-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toymachine (Post 2481843)
How does the AKA a/c hammer kit (and springs) tie into the OP's described setup?

Ravi's, or mine?

I was planning on just using the stock CCM hammer and spring. Does AKA sell a hammer kit?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC