mcarterbrown.com

Old 06-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
MilSim

Solenoid holes/Firing Issues

So I recently purchased an '03 Viking that has been drilled for eyes. My usual routine is to use the gun as purchased from the previous owner and then do a full disassemble and cleaning of the gun. After using it for a day of play I liked it a lot (besides the trigger being way too light and sensitive.) So when I got home I disassembled it and took to cleaning out all the gunk from the screw holes and such.

While disassembling, I took the solenoid off and found that one of the solenoid air holes had something in it. Looked like caked up grease/oil so I pushed a small allen wrench into the hole to clean it out. What came out looked more like a small cylinder of hot glue. Reassembled the Viking and now it doesn't shoot. I added a SCM-III (brand new) and replaced an o-ring on the valve due to one o-ring having a tear in it. Solenoid is clicking and the gun is getting air but it doesn't fire. Thoughts?

So I replugged the hole with hot glue just to see if it would make a difference. Didn't make any difference. Solenoid still clicks but gun doesn't fire. Any thoughts?
WholemealDrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
have you tried adjusting the SCM up or down?
and is the solenoid attached to the manifold correctly? (or are you using MAC noids?)

Tracker

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
MilSim

Just installed a SCM-III before it stopped shooting and those are supposed to be set from the factory so I didn't want to touch it. No manifold just small o-rings. No it is a Humphrey.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
turning it in or out a little bit isnt going to explode anything.. when the gun is aired up, can you move the bolt and pin back and forth? or is there resistance?

the little peice of hot glue might have been a chunk of an o-ring, they break easily and a piece might have gotten away from someone, and ended up stuck.. wouldnt be the first tine

and if you have humphreys your noid should be connected to another piece, that is in turn connected to the body
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/MG_24822.jpg

thats a humphrey noid, and the black thing with 2 screws holding it, on the left side of it (in the picture) is the manifold

the mac just bolts right on
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...KA/macnoid.jpg

im not linking the pics because i just had to pay photobucket to be able to host again due to bandwith usage.. id rather not contribute to that honor for someone else

Tracker

Trackers feedback
Old 06-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
MilSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
turning it in or out a little bit isnt going to explode anything.. when the gun is aired up, can you move the bolt and pin back and forth? or is there resistance?

the little peice of hot glue might have been a chunk of an o-ring, they break easily and a piece might have gotten away from someone, and ended up stuck.. wouldnt be the first tine

and if you have humphreys your noid should be connected to another piece, that is in turn connected to the body
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/MG_24822.jpg

thats a humphrey noid, and the black thing with 2 screws holding it, on the left side of it (in the picture) is the manifold

the mac just bolts right on
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...KA/macnoid.jpg

im not linking the pics because i just had to pay photobucket to be able to host again due to bandwith usage.. id rather not contribute to that honor for someone else

Tracker
ok correction I have the MAC solenoid. Was working on my BLs and 2 projects and those have Humphreys. That might be true about the o-ring but it wasn't an easy press out. If I remember right it was pretty easy to slide it back and forth
Old 06-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
if the bolt wasnt behaving like it was pressurized, it sounds like you need to check the LPR, it might not have been set at the factory

Tracker

Trackers feedback
Old 06-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
MilSim

Ok I'll double check the LPR and how the bolt feels when I air it up tomorrow
Old 06-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
MilSim

Just to verify: NONE of the solenoid holes should be plugged correct? All should be open?
Old 06-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
as far as i recollect, yes, none should be plugged

Tracker

Trackers feedback
Old 06-25-2013, 12:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
MilSim

Update:

Unplugged the solenoid hole, removed everything inside the lower tubes, checked all o-rings, everything looked good. Reassembled still doesn't shoot. Even adjusted the LPR, nothing happens. Tried pushing the bolt forward, hard at first, once all the way forward the gun pops, and the bolt slides easily. Figured remove the SCM-III and replace it with original, chewed a few o-rings in the process of swapping them but the gun shoots now. So there is something wrong with my SCM-III.

Any ideas? When I bought it the previous owner told me he basically never used it so it sat in the box waiting to be installed. (Said he installed it and didn't like the offset look without a Mighty Max so he removed it.)

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » AKA