mcarterbrown.com  

The Armory Paintball Gun Specific Forums

Old 10-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
In all fairness consider scale. Show me a single .50 cal pistol smaller than a Tib8 or TPX. Then that post might be somewhat applicable.
I dont think there are any .50 cal paintball pistols? Only ones i know of is the .43 cal and they are almost identical to the real deal.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

he was referring to real steel firearms ... anything in a comparable calibre is easily as big or bigger than a Tib and close in size to a TPX (I think the TPX may actually still be smaller than a .50DE).
Although a .50 pb pistol may make for a good paltform (compact size) without some of the limitations of the all but novelty .43 cal's
I'm no fan of the BT, but I am a fan of the good old short bolt STBB pistols. They work for me. I've tried the almighty Tib and the TPx's and find them uncomfortable.
For what it is ... the BT has some nice features.
But, then I know nuthin" anyway, I prefer playing pistol with my modded PGP2K, or my Delta68's (by no means stock). So really Ihave no need for another pistol, but I would consider this one if I was ... I'm certainly not a fan of the long bolt, but it also doesn't suffer the limitations of the short bolt flow path.
I have no life, I'm just a dad in constant flux between baby naps and 8yr old tantrums.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

SA-17

I have used the TPX and the T8, I since sold my TPX and got the SA-17 and absolutly love it. As a pistol is a great optional side arm. I have also done some custom work to make a mod kit to make my SA-17 into a nice little light sniper.
The ease of use and not having magazines is also much easier. Its faster to reload than my TPX ever was, also I have never broken a ball in it yet. The sizing kit you get with the rifle upgrade kit is nice but it does need more sleeves, as there are more than 3 variations in size of a paintball.
Over all I do like the SA-17 for my style of play. Also the thread and sleeve set up is much better for switching to different types of barrels. I currently have 4 different barrel lengths including the stock barrel, that alone makes it much more versital than other pistols I have used.
As to its size, I'm a larger person than most of the people I play with and against and its almost a perfect fit for the size of my hands.
Also the maintanence of it is so much easier than my TPX ever was. One pin and the whole assembly slides out for cleaning or checking the orings or just simply reoiling the bolts.
All in all I think its a very good sidearm, and with a 6 to 10 inch barrel its very accurate for quite a distance.
davep18102 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory